Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

severe duty baseboard

Options
it is a short piece and takes such abuse, I would use a commercial product such as Vulcan Linovector with a 14 Gauge cover. If spills are an issue, use a front outlet, not a top or sloped top outlet. And as Ron Jr. said, mounting it higher is a good idea. These start at 4" off the floor by the way.

Second choice, if length is an issue (but depth is not so much), is to use a convector, also with a heavy gauge cover.

Comments

• jim walsh_2
    jim walsh_2 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    severe duty baseboard

I was asked to replace some cabinet on Slant-Fin series 30 baseboard in a local VFW Post. This baseboard is in the bar area, and gets beaten up pretty badly. I am considering replacing it with Slant-Fin's HD series, which has 16 gauge steel enclosure. I would like to know if anyone has used this, and how it holds up.
  • By chance

This wouldn't a Levittown NY VFW ? We replaced a boiler a few years ago in one and they were asking about changing the baseboard near the bar .

I haven't used the HD series . But SOP for baseboard in high trafic areas for us is to mount it higher than usual to keep it from being banged into with shoes . 2 to 4 inches off the ground usually does the trick .
  • kpc_44
    kpc_44 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    I have had to

deal w/ this at a college frat... the ultimate in abuse situations. the ONLY thing that worked was cast iron baseboard.
This discussion has been closed.