Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tiger loop promblems?

Options
clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,111
It would seem to me that it's the tiger loop being the osv is still there and working ,i'll be return there later next week it's a burmham dvle boiler except it was installed with the outside air intake on a very new and tight home ,the boiler piping needs a little help and a priorty set up for the indirect very cold well water and as the base board zones call flow to the indirect is comprimized and the recovery is very slow bradford white indirect .Thanks clammy
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    tiger loop promblems

Recently added a OSV to a indoor tank piped off the bottom and wanted to add a tiger loop ultra for a beckett af2 and after the westwood filter was primed the tiger loop airator would not prime it's self needless to say i swiched it back to a single pipe and removed the by pass ,this was my first time using the tiger loop ultra and the first time i have ever had a promblem ,usually i have used a standard tiger loop any suggestion? i checked for leaks and made sure all was properly tightened has any one recently had issues with the ulra model TIA clammy sorry for the re post any takers
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • kpc_44
    kpc_44 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    is it the ...

TL Ultra or the OSV. I have used the ultra only once . no issues.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Vacuum Gauge

See if it can draw a vacuum first if not, try putting your finger over the vent hole of the tiger loop and prime the pump until oil reaches the bowl . Some times I think it needs to be wet to help seal its workings.I seen this condition with some of the older model. I would manualy open the osv until primed too . Installing the optional vacuum gauge would be nice on this job to check for leaks and checking the condition of the filter later ..
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    oil in the filter

is the quickest way to get any tigerloop or canister filter to 'GO" i tried one of the first ultras i asked Dave at HASCO's to get some..i didnt like it as well as the combo as you cant see inside the bowl..

the other night my buddy lashed up a condensing oil boiler and of all the dumb luck the osv was spun around backwards..they dont go good that way..:)

i do not know for certain buh it might be possible to get the supply and returns spun around the wrong way charlie and not get oil also.

vac gages are cheap and handy to leave installed to check how much it is pulling...

• Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    do you

need the OSV w/ the Loop? I would think the internals would serve the purpose.

Get in touch w/ Tigerholm and see what they say, or pull the OSV and see if you can fill the TL then.
This discussion has been closed.