Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Propress and Fitting adapters

Options
singh
singh Member Posts: 866
crimped a 1" coupling onto the manifold adapter many times, no problems yet.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=377&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• scott markle_2
    scott markle_2 Member Posts: 611
    Options
    propress and Fitting adapters

Does any one have an experience pressing to Uponor manifold adapters. Uponor makes a manifold that is 3/4'' on the inside and 1'' fitting adapter on the outside The brass is thick to make up the difference in size.

I recently did some press connections to this fitting and they seem to be leaking ever so slightly, The tool did seem to groan a bit making those connections and I had some concerns about the thickness of the brass creating a problem. any thoughts? Should I repress and hope for the best or just accept this is a misapplication and re-pipe.
  • Pinball
    Pinball Member Posts: 249
    Options
    It works

We have done this a number of times and so far it seems to work.

No leaks yet

Al
  • scott markle_2
    scott markle_2 Member Posts: 611
    Options

Thanks for the input. I'm fairly certain I have a bit of seepage, it's evaporating before it forms a drip but I can smell the distinctive Rhomar inhibitor when I place my nose close to the fitting.

If you guys were going to repress a fitting, would you place the the jaws in the original orientation or rotate it so the pinch points are in a new location?

Thanks, Scott
  • EJW_3
    EJW_3 Member Posts: 69
    Options
    Pro Press

If it was me I would put the jaw on the fitting in the exact same place and press again. Dont know if I would have the stones to try it the other way. :)

EJW
This discussion has been closed.