Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Natural Draftl hung gas boiler

hvac1000
hvac1000 Member Posts: 2
Why replace. Mine is 30 years old and still running strong heating the entire 2600 sq ft of my home. All parts are still available and are easily repaired. The PPE had the electronic/spark ignition and according to my Kane-May tester is about 80% efficient, I finally had to replace the heat exchanger last year and since I do not over fire it the one replaced will last another 30 years. Diaphrams,lift pin,gaskets, heat exchangers are all available. Everything else is off the shelf HVAC parts. If interested contact me for parts location.

Being in the industry I thought of replacing mine with a higher efficiency unit but after doing calculations on my three fan coil zones it was determined that with the water temperature I needed the high efficiency models would never condense so there would be little or no energy savings. Palomas will last forever since they are made of copper with stainless valve and stainless burners. They are still available new in the domestic water heater configuration but not in the boiler configuration. I have done a few conversions on the water heater to boiler configuration and they work well.

Comments

• ED_45
    ED_45 Member Posts: 16
    Paloma Pak

Looking for replacement for a Paloma Pak PP12E. Are they still made/ If not , any suggestions for a wall hung natural draft gas bouler about 100,000 btu input.
    Thanks
  • hvac tech
    hvac tech Member Posts: 1
    paloma-pak wall hung boiler/heater

Where do i get replacement parts for my heater,can't seem to find any. I have holes in the metal shield protecting the copper lines. thanks
  • Contact

R.L. Gourley

80 Felton Street

Waltham, MA 02254-0030

Phone # 781-894-4563
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Gourley is where we get em too. By the way, not all parts avail

but most are. Tim
    Ps, I do not know of any wall hung natural draft boilers available anymore.
  • hvac1000
    hvac1000 Member Posts: 2
    Paloma

Gourley is way to expensive. If the part you are looking for is a heat exchanger I get them for 319.00 plus shipping. I believe Gourley is 400 to 450 four the same part. Diaphrams,lift pins,all packing gaskets,heat exchangers,and various other components are available since it is a Paloma based unit to start with. Operating controls like White Rodgers stuff is available off the shelf at most supply houses. The high limit can be replaced by subinga new water tube with a attachment for a standard klixon type disc limit. I mention all of this because with the fan coils I have here the water temp I like to run precludes me from going with a higher efficiency condensing style boiler. I have a brand new Munchkin/Peerless toy in the shop that for awhile I was considering changing to but it is not worth the effort with very little energy savings.With my present fine tuned setup I get 79+% efficiency according to my Kane May tester so why bother.

The High Tek style boiler that was brought out later by the same company in Wesley Mass was made of different parts and base unit. It seemed Paloma did not like the fact that the company was making a boiler out of there water heater. LOL

Email me if you need part numbers etc. I have most of the info on the computer since my Paloma setup has been around for many years.BTW I am not active in the HVAC biz but retired. I do teach and test HVAC manufactures equipment at the university for fun.
  • Scott Holden
    Scott Holden Member Posts: 1
    Paloma Pak

HVAC1000

I'm interested to hear that you have access to Paloma-Pak parts. I have a PP-16 boiler that is having issues with it's gas selector valve. The seal is simple to identify and replace, but the internal plastic cam seems to have broken the tail piece that engages it with the flats of the brass shaft. Gurley indicates that this assembly is not available. Do you know of an option? I suppose I can manually open the spring loaded plunger(s) for the side burners and fix the number of burners that are active.

Is the gas control valve repair kit available?

Thank you for your help. I tried contacting you by email a few days ago at aol.com, and had no reply. I'm trying the same contact through The Wall.
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Any other

Wholesale prices you want to share with the whole world??? Don't talk prices here as a rule. The big guy has been traveling a lot lately otherwise I am sure he would ponce on this one!

JP
  • UNUSEXFER
    UNUSEXFER Member Posts: 6

try.. www.palomatankless.com
  • JJ_4
    JJ_4 Member Posts: 146
    Low Energy Systems Colorado

Low Energy Systems in Colorado has been a Paloma dealer for years...you might give them a try for parts. Since we are almost out of the heating season...they also used to make repairs on units that were shipped to them for refurbishment. Not sure if that service is still available.

http://www.tanklesswaterheaters.com/

The website is retail. I think they may also have wholesale pricing for qualified businesses....not sure about this either.
  • Jens Sorensen
    Jens Sorensen Member Posts: 9
    Paloma-Pak PP-12NE

Do you have a parts list for this model?
  • larkonich5164201
    larkonich5164201 Member Posts: 2
    Natural Draftl hung gas boiler

Thanks for the suggestion.

We'll actually be in Colorado at the end of this month, and I'll take the opportunity to visit them.
  • larkonich5164201
    larkonich5164201 Member Posts: 2
    Paloma Pak

I have tried that website, and they indicate no ability to support the Paloma Paks, and no suggestions.
  • Contact me by

e-mail at gastc@cox.net I have parts list for Paloma Pak.
  • Scott Holden

I was involved with Trianco Heatmaker many years ago and redesigned one of their units to replace the chimney hung Paloma Pak. They were later bought out by Laars and the Endurance was designed and available. I beleive the Endurance may be able to replace your Paloma Pak. Contact Laars at www.laars.com
  • Paloma Pak parts needed

Dear everyone,

I have a Paloma Pak PP-16N and am looking for a Gas Regulator & Valve replacement part for my unit as my flame doesn't remain high when I go from setting one to three and therefore I cannot maintain high water temperature and heating capacity in very cold weather. I have also tried Gourley but he doesn't have it. Do you know of any other source? Many thanks for any information you can share as I really don't know where to go at this point.

Sincerely,
    Donald
    donald@donaldluckenbill.com
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    Looking for parts

Are you a licensed gas technician? If not, there are liability issues if something should go wrong!
This discussion has been closed.