Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Warmrite is dead.

Options
Newsroom

Press Releases

Important IPEX Product Announcement
- October 31, 2008

Effective October 31, 2008, IPEX will discontinue the production and the sale of WarmRite Floor® pipe, fittings and accessories for the North American hydronic heating market.

Unfortunately, the WarmRite product line no longer meets the business targets that IPEX requires. Increased competitive pressures and poor market conditions have resulted in the continuing decline of WarmRite sales and profitability.

Select WarmRite components will remain in our inventory for a period of time in order for customers to complete, maintain and service their heating systems. Our current limited warranty will continue to apply to all WarmRite products installed.

IPEX would like to thank you for your continued support. We look forward to servicing your future plastic piping system needs with our broad offering of core products. We will be pleased to work with you to resolve any inconvenience that this product discontinuation may cause.

For further information please contact your local IPEX customer service representative.

hmmmmmmmmm................

Comments

• Another-one bites the dust,

I suspected something was up when the stuff was pulled from wholesaler & box-store shelves.
    Fittings became rare as hens teeth to find in my area.

Dave
  • Josh (The Youngster)_2
    Options

Rich I am sorry to hear that. I have always felt Warmrite products solve allot of problems and deserve a better spot in the Radiant industry. However, you guys made it impossible to get. Very few salesman and nobody that would ever call back. You have only yourself to blame..
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 458
    Options

Are you going to buy back all the crimpers we bought for your product or should we just hang on wall as what not to use?
  • John_162
    John_162 Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Rahau

Rahau also got out of the plumbing pex buisness this week.
  • Paul B_5
    Paul B_5 Member Posts: 60
    Options

What Other pex-Al- Pex fittings or systems(manufactures) are compatable with the Kitec pipe and remain leakproof ...hopefully...Thanks Paul
  • Mark_7
    Mark_7 Member Posts: 123
    Options
    kitec pipe

There is a green house supply company that handles a gen pap that use to have kitec name on it. i'll look for it and post later. Ipex seemed to go down hill about 3-4yr ago we have thuosands of feet of it in heating and plumbing than we notice a oder in the pipe when used for dom water. After that ipex didn't rate there product for dom water any more.
  • Leo G_101
    Leo G_101 Member Posts: 87
    Options
    interesting

Pretty sad about the suddeness, would think that they would at least bring it to a close in an orderly manner, but such are the times right now. I think we may see more of this from others also, the days of keeping a non-profitable line open for the sake of customer loyalty is gone for a few years most likely.

Leo G
  • Dobber
    Dobber Member Posts: 91
    Options
    PAP

Uponor and Mr. Pex both have PAP pipe and fittings

Good Luck
    Dobber

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• klaus
    klaus Member Posts: 183
    Options
    Rehau out of pex market??

Since when?
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Sued into non existence....

like Poly Suitylene?

Just curious. I've got MILES of that stuff in the field.

I have heard that WATTS Heatway PAP is compatible with Kitec fittings, but not tried it yet. Guess I will though...

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• John_162
    Options
    Rahau letter

below is the copy of the letter Rahau sent out to there distrubitors

REHAU to Exit Plumbing Systems Business; Expand Energy-Efficiency Product Range

REHAU has made a strategic decision to shift its business away from the production and sale of commodity products, and to expand its range of energy-efficiency products. Product lines that will be discontinued are PVC pressure and sewer pipe and PEX plumbing systems. This decision is based on a long-term view of the market and is not a reaction to the current short-term market downturn.

We expect future market requirements to have a major impact on plumbing systems materials. In response to these anticipated changes, responsible plumbing suppliers such as REHAU will be required to invest millions of dollars in developing new technical solutions. we will not gamble with our future .

For many months, REHAU has been developing a technical solution that addresses the requirements of the future and is backed by considerable global experience. Unfortunately, this solution would come with a significantly higher price tag, which we could not pass along to the market. As a result, we have decided to exit the PEX plumbing systems business in the United States and Canada.

Our timeline is as follows:

- Plumbing systems with compression sleeve fittings - We will continue to accept orders through March 31, 2009.
    - Plumbing systems with crimp fittings - Our primary vendor for the F1807 crimp fitting program is exiting the business. We will accept orders through December 1, 2008, subject to availability.
    - All other REHAU PEX applications - We will continue business as usual for all non-plumbing PEX applications.

Your REHAU sales office will contact you regarding the details of this program change. We regret any inconvenience this change causes you. We will work very closely with our plumbing customers to support your transition to another plumbing products supplier.

Let me assure you, REHAU is committed to the North American market. Nothing illustrates this commitment better than the $20 million we invested last year in our new, state-of-the-art PEX manufacturing plant and distribution center in Cullman, Alabama. We see a strong future for REHAU and our customers in radiant heating and cooling, solar thermal, stand-alone residential fire protection and energy transfer systems – based on the products you already know today and the new developments we already have underway.

We greatly appreciate your understanding and continued partnership.

Sincerely,
    REHAU Incorporated

Bill Johansen
    Business Unit Manager
    Heating and Plumbing

• John_162
    Options

If they felt there stuff wasn't good for Potable water. why on earth would you want to use the stuff on Fire protection and Radiant. don't you need fittings for both
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    Hooray for REHAU!

Plumbing Pex is in a race to the bottom to see who can finish last. So far companies like Zurn are winning. .20-.25 cents foot garbage with .25 cent crimp rings. Who can compete in a market like that? Who wants to? Radiant Floor Heating & Cooling, Geothermal & Solar is the future of our industry. REHAU is already there! They are in the comfort business not the plumbing pex business.

Not many new low end houses are being built at this time. The high end market is holding steady. Do you think Trump cares what gas costs?

Companies like REHAU will succeed while Zurn fights a Class Action Suit over their junk fittings and clamps; even Uponor has a pending suit against them. REHAU made a very shrewd and smart move; you don't see Mercedes coming out with a Smart Car do you? No!

Congratulations REHAU everybody else is now in the rear view mirror!

It was a fantastic business move that separates them from the bottom feeders...
  • Supply House Rick
    Options
    Bil you must sell or install

Garbage like Zurn. I'll reiterate:

Plumbing Pex is in a race to the bottom to see who can finish last. So far companies like Zurn are winning. .20-.25 cents foot garbage with .25 cent crimp rings. Who can compete in a market like that? Who wants to? Radiant Floor Heating & Cooling, Geothermal & Solar is the future of our industry. REHAU is already there!

Not many new low end houses are being built at this time. The high end market is holding steady. Do you think Trump cares what gas costs?

Companies like REHAU will succeed while Zurn fights a Class Action Suit over their junk fittings and clamps; even Uponor has a pending suit against them. REHAU made a very shrewd and smart move; you don't see Mercedes coming out with a Smart Car do you? No!

Congratulations REHAU everybody else is now in the rear view mirror!

It was a fantastic business move that separates them from the bottom feeders...
  • Leo G_101
    Leo G_101 Member Posts: 87
    Options
    actually

Rick, Smart is owned by Daimler.

Leo G
  • Supply House Rick
    Options
    You don't see Mercedes

Releasing a Smart Car. Daimler yes, Mercedes No. Same owners drastically different vehicles. It's like saying Lincoln sells a Festiva...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Does anyone have any details as to the nature of the pending lawsuit against Uponor? I'm curious because I install that brand. Thanks.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • John_162
    Options

Did you think they got out because they are next in a class action.
  • John_162
    Options

Viega Fostapex and there bronze press fittings are the best. and has no problems because of the bronze fittings that everyone else seems to be having
This discussion has been closed.