Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

fuel pump problems

bill_67
bill_67 Member Posts: 29
I THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT LEO, I HAVE LEARNED ALOT ON THIS SITE FROM YOU AND OTHERS,PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE NEW PUMP I CHECKED THE RACOR FILTER THE OIL LOOKED FINE,TALKED TO A MUCH MORE EXP. SERVICE TECH AND HE TOLD ME IT WAS A BAD PUMP,HE SAID HE HAS HAD SEVERAL PUMPS OVER THE YEARS THAT WENT BAD VERY QUICKLY,AGAIN I THANK YOU FOR YOU INPUT LEO.

Comments

• bill_67
    fuel pump problems

did call on unit with tripped burner motor overload,pulled motor off and found oil pump to be non freewheeling,totally gummed up,replaced pump with exact match, unit fired and ran for the time i was there,home owner who watched me the whole time just called and said it shut off on motor overload again,since he watched me earlier, i guided him via telephone with taking the motor off, and low and behold the new oil pump is froze like the previous one,the unit had a racor oil filter with a clear bowl ,it to me must be bum oil gumming pump,but am curious to hear differing views
  • Leo_16
    Leo_16 Member Posts: 37
    Water

Check for water.

Leo
  • bill_67

THE UNIT IS INDOORS AND ABOVE FREEZING, I WOULD BE SURPRIZED IF IT WOULD HAVE FROZEN THE NEW PUMP THAT FAST,IF IT WATER WOULD IT NOT FREZE IN THE TANK (OUTDOORS)
    RATHER THAN IN THE PUMP.
  • Leo_16
    Leo_16 Member Posts: 37
    Not Ice

I wasn't referring to freezing as in ice. Freezing as in binding up due to lack of lubrication.

Leo
This discussion has been closed.