Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas-Fired Boiler Testing

Options
needs to be tested just the same for gas and oil. The only thing we do not test on gas is the smoke test other wise the tests done are basially the same. Gas equipment should be tested at time of install and every year there after. Gas equipment is not factory adjusted and never has been.

Comments

• Roland_16
    Roland_16 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Gas-Fired Boiler Testing

Hi All,
    Much is said about the importance of properly setting up oil-fired equipment. When my gas-fired (non-condensing)boiler was installed last year, the heating contractor treated it as essentially plug-n-play with no combustion testing.

My question, what should be tested on the combustion side of newly installed, non-condensing gas-fired boiler?

TIA, Roland
  • Roland_16
    Roland_16 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Testing

Thanks Tim,

If I have my boiler tested, what equipment should the technician be using? What tests should be performed?
  • Testing

They should be using a combustion analyzer and a multimeter to check for proper combustion either millivolts or microamps depending on the equipment and also to insure good combustion chamber firing along with insuring that Carbon Monoxide levels are below 100 PPM in the flue.
This discussion has been closed.