Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Question concerning combution air path for a TT Prestige boiler

Options
Derheatmeister
Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,545
Generic ,also used on the Buderus and Munchkins

Comments

• SciGuy
    SciGuy Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Permissible combustion air path for a Solo 60

We were lucky enough to locate one of those somewhat hard to find Prestige Solo 60s and are now working out the details for shoe-horning it into a 44" crawl space. The vent can be run very nicely down one particular floor joist space (14 & 1/2" between joists) to a sidewall exit. The combustion air could also make it down this path but that would put it too close to the vent on the exterior. (12" minimum center to center) it would be pretty easy to use four 90 degree elbows to hop the combution air under a joist to the next bay but that would necessitate creating a downloop under a joist.

The Prestige instuctions imply a continuous down slope back to the boiler for both the vent and combustion air. This is obviously very important for the vent but I don't see it as critical for the combustion air. Additionaly, I have see installs where the combustion air path had an intentional deep loop added to create a cold path block from the outside to the boiler.

There is too little space to drop the boiler low enough to run below the floor joists. The vent and combution air runs will be very short. Is there any specific concensus on the matter?

Thanks for any informed replies.

Hugh
  • Hugh

Check your email

Dave
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,545
    Options
    Concentric Vent.

You may use the concentric vent termination availbe in any plumbing supply house.
  • SciGuy
    SciGuy Member Posts: 15
    Options

Are we talking about a generic concentric unit or a TT unit?

Thanks for the input,

Hugh
  • Hugh

I`m not aware of a "genuine" TT concentric vent kit, I think they are manufactured by a firm for any boiler company approved for its application on "that" boiler.

Dave
This discussion has been closed.