Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New developments in any and all heating systems

Options
Thank you for taking it so well, TJ. I appreciate your attitude; I just had to say that.

But are you telling me that there are other sites with better information and compounding resources than this one? It cannot be so!

Good Luck and do stick around.

Comments

• TJ_6
    TJ_6 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    new developments/improvements in any and all heating systems

do you know of any new, recent (up to 5 years ago) developments that have been made to any heating systems? thank you for your help!!
  • Brad White_202
    Brad White_202 Member Posts: 105
    Options
    Oh Gawd yes....

That is sort of like asking if there have been any developments recently in the stock market... of course the heating side has developed on an upward slope.

What is your angle of question, TJ? Is this a school or research project? It is hard to know where to start, things get better and more efficient all the time.

Not just equipment, but the application techniques too. It should also be said, by way of understatement, that the caliber of installers with a superior knowledge base, has led the charge.

How may we help you?
  • T J WOW

that is a very loaded question. There have been many changes in the last ten years and much more to come. As we post here new things are on the drawing board or in the R&D labs.

I am talking everyday with different heating equipment companys about there new projects, it is an exciting time to be in the heating business.

If you can be more specific as to what you are looking for I may be able to help you.

Just one that pops into my mind is the increased use of solar which is going to be a big part of the future of what we will be doing to decrease operating costs as to fossil fuels.

Beefing up existing steam boilers so we can have higher efficiency boilers for retrofit is another one.
  • mtfallsmikey
    mtfallsmikey Member Posts: 765
    Options
    Stick around, T.J.

Can't begin to explain what I've picked up here, and I am (was)the quintessial Rip Van Winkle, being out of the biz for 10 yrs. My experience is mostly old-school. Radiant, P/S piping, mod-con boilers...all the goodies that Dad and I used to dream about 30 yrs. ago...it's all here.
  • TJ_6
    Options
    heating systems

First of all, thank you for answering my question! yes, you are right, this is a school project, i'm taking a class in mechanical/electrical drafting. i'm gettin my degree in arch/engin drafting. the teacher just said to find as many info on any improvements that have been made in any and all heating systems. it would be helpful if you can tell me of any other ways of providing heat are coming up. so anything that you know of or any websites that you know will be helpful, i would appreciate it if you could tell me. thank you again!
  • TJ I am going to put something together for you

when I get a little time which will answer your question.
  • TJ_6
    Options
    thank you very much!!

thank you for doing that for me but could you please include the sources of your info? thanks!
  • Brad White_202
    Brad White_202 Member Posts: 105
    Options
    Be careful Tim

Tim, you may qualify for a good grade and even get the degree.

But, TJ- while we are happy to help, do you really expect Tim to give you the information AND do the bibliography for you too?

To be blunt, what you are asking in my opinion undermines the nature of education and the validity of the degree you seek. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but help and doing it for you are two different things. If anything, I hope you take that with you.

This is my $0.02 only and do not mean to speak for anyone but myself, especially in Tim's forum and in light of Tim's generosity.

Brad
  • TJ_6
    Options
    i know

i know what you mean by that and i'm not gonna take everything down word for word that tim gives me. i did my research already too. i have about 8 websites that i have info on plus the info that we've learned in class too. the info that i take from tim, i will surely give him credit for. thank you for your two cents! i have one more semester left til i get my degree and i aint about to let some do the work for me. again, i appreciate your comment because there probably are some people that think tim is gonna do my project for me and it's not like that. he's just another source that i'm getting my info from, like those 8 sites that i'm getting info from.

TJ
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    5-yr improvements to heating systems

1.better technical information sharing through this website and others!
    2.new heatpumps with variable- speed d.c. motors which use less electricity.
    3.the beginning of an interest in using less fuel for heating even if the installation is more costly.
    4.solar heating technology becoming more reliable.
    5.GEOTHERMAL improvements.
    6.more use of heat exchangers in fresh air exchange.
    7.better sweaters for building occupants to wear while the thermostat is set down!
    by no means a definitive list,good luck with your project!--nbc
  • TJ_6
    Options
    i appreciate it too

i appreciate what you said too. there's not too many people that are willing to tell me what they think because i'm 6'4 and i "dress like a gang member that's out on parole or probation" lol. i'm not a gangbanger or anything like that. so thank you for saying what you wanted/needed to say.

now i aint saying that there are other sites that have better info than this one here. i think this website is better than the ones that i've found because if there's any confusion, i could leave a comment or question and someone will clarify it for me. so thank you.

i will keep coming back here when i need more help. thank you again.
  • TJ_6
    Options
    thank you

thank you for your help. i appreciate it very much!!
  • Tombig_4
    Tombig_4 Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Robur

Way to go MPF!

Being an old Arkla/Servell as well as Bryant gas fired AC guy from the seventies when they were relics at that time it's cool to see gas AC with heat recovery/heat/DHW back in the mix. Of course I don't believe their efficiency claims but since I viewed their equipment a few trade shows back I've been waiting for the right consumer to spring it on.

How about Unico's unichiller for residential AC zoning? Capacity control at it's finest for the home market.

My2cents
This discussion has been closed.