Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Digital Thermostat's read high

Options
I replace my old Honeywell round thermo/mechanicls with the newer digital non setback. ct8775a's Now the crazy part: i have 2 every one reads almost 6 degrees hotter than the actual room temp! I say this because alongside the stat i also mounted 2 other thermometers!!! one digital and the other a mercury wall mount. Each of those always agree with ecah other and the stat reads 6 high? Driving me nuts ( of course that is my normal state LOL ) Any ideas?
If you see
dan tell him Jack Custom Carpentry in Netcong NJ says HI. Doubt if he remember me but he helped me fix my house yrs ago.
thanks
Jack

Comments

• World Plumber
    World Plumber Member Posts: 389
    Options

If they are high quality digital t-stats, there should be instructions in the manual to adjust the room tempature readout. Honeywell allows you to go up or down 6 degrees so your right in the max adjustment range of the Honeywell. I hope this helps. Best sugestion read the paperwork that came with the stats should tell you how to adjust.
  • carol_3
    carol_3 Member Posts: 397
    Options

I don't think that stat is adjustable. I guess if it were mine, I'd take the path of least resistance and just set it for something that's comfortable and never mind what the number says. You could also take it back and exchange it, I guess.
This discussion has been closed.