Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

M80 Munchkin Spark electrode FO9

Options
Lots of info that may help. Some that won't

Comments

• Jim_170
    Jim_170 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Munchkin Spark electrode FO9

New install of a new 2005 unit I have had until ready for installation. I am constantly getting a FO9 error code due to no ignition. I can pull the spark electrode and get spark, but unable to get spark once it is replaced into the unit. The gasket was damaged from the factory, but I am curious if there have been ongoing issues with earlier Munchkin spark electrodes and if the design has been changed from 2005. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim
  • Jim_170
    Jim_170 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Munchkin Spark electrode FO9

Thanks MPF, but nothing there that helped. HT tech said clean rectification chamber, did and yet still no spark while in chamber. If I take the spark electrode out of the chamber it is sparking, but will not when reinstalled.

Again this is a new install...never been fired, Have altered gas pressure LP several times as well as on gas valve. Anybody got a clue? Jim
  • Chances are,,,

it's shorting out on something, frame maybe. Possibly cracked ceramic? I've installed exactly one Munchkin and it fired right up and has continued to do so. I've yet to take it apart to see exactly what makes it tick. Sorry I'm not more help.
  • Ted G
    Ted G Member Posts: 63
    Options
    F09

Make sure the burner door refractory is not touching the spark electrode.
  • Ted G
    Ted G Member Posts: 63
    Options

You may not be able to see the spark now. Did you use the conversion kit?
  • Kool Rod
    Kool Rod Member Posts: 175
    Options

HT,

Came with LP conversion kit and made changes as required though unable to take CO readings since it has yet to fire up. After further trouble shooting I suspect the Dungs gas valve is not opening. I have pulled the spark electrode partially out and restarted the boiler to see if I can hear the electrode sparking,,,which I can, but I am not getting gas into the chamber. As stated I have adjusted the LP on serveral occassions as well as the gas inflow setting on the Dungs valve. Nothing...therefore I am concluding it is a defective gas valve. Sound logical? Jim
This discussion has been closed.