Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

o/t fundraising for kids

My daughter is in a competitive cheer leading gym. We've been having these same discussions lately. The letters to companies asking for sponsorship seems to be the best bang for the buck. The trick is to make it more personal to the companies. The letters should be delivered in person to businesses where the girls, or a member of the family, has an "in". This makes the chance of success more likely.

You have to remember the "What's in it for me" aspect too. The company name in a program of some sort. Or a large add listing sponsors in the local paper. Or banners with the sponsor names in the practice location. Or the company name on a banner on the cars.

Where is the team out of?

Comments

• lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 458
    o/t fundraising for kids

We are asking for help to come up with ideas to raise $$$ for our daughter's Pop Warner Jr Pee Wee cheerleading squad. They are 1 competition away from the big show, The national championships held at Walt Disney's World Wide World of Sports complex. We have 6 weeks to raise the $30,000 to send our 18 young girls and coaching staff to, possibly, a once in a lifetime chance at the Big Show.

Has anyone had to raise that much money in that short of amount of time? What did you do, what worked best? what worked worst. Any help would be great.

I have volunteered to chair fundraising and have no idea what I am doing. We have letters going to local companies asking for donations, but with the economy the way it is, who knows.

Thanks for any help.

Lee

Proud cheer dad

Ps. My daughter is the one in the cast. She broke her foot in 3 places cheerlaeding a football game. She cheered the last 5 minutes of game, never complained. Then she walked on it for 3 days before saying anything. Who says cheerleaders are not tough!!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,525
    That's a big goal

and not much time left. In our town, when the school budget didn't pass, the parents raised money by having the kids go door to door (in groups, and in uniform). They also did car washes and went to the local stores for sponsors. They made it happen.
    Retired and loving it.
  • lee_7

We are located in Quakertown, Pa., which is northeast of Philadelphia ( GO PHILLIES). We have a very limited amount of time. This is our first year of competition, and nobody thought we would do this well. We placed FIRST in the Bux-Mont Regional Championship, then in the top 8 out of eastern Pa, NJ, NY, Delaware, Northern Maryland. The top 8 were only separated by 3 points. The next round is going to be very exciting.
  • lee_7

We will make it happen for this girls, if i have to sell everything i own. This is a once in a lifetime thing and we, the parents, need to make it happen if they make it that far.

Lee
This discussion has been closed.