Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What the .....

Options
Pringles
Pringles Member Posts: 13
Will brand "A" fittings and joining methods work with brand "B" tubing? Again I realize there could be liability and warranty issues just curious if it would work...thanks

Comments

• Pringles
    Options
    What the .....

I posted a question a few hours ago and now it's gone! Was it something I said?
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options

what was yer' question?

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Pringles
    Options
    Question

I asked if all brands of pex were created equal. I wanted to know if one brand of tubing was interchangeable with another. I specifically said that I understood there would be liability and warranty issues just wanted to know if pex was pex.
  • Timco
    Options

Short answer...yes. You just need to be sure you are using oxy barrier pex for heating and not for domestic...otherwise, it is interchangeable.

Tim
  • MW_2
    MW_2 Member Posts: 25
    Options

Is this to say that oxy barrier pex can't be used for potable water? The labeling on Rehau barrier pex indicates that it is suitable for potable use.
  • Timco
    Options

some makers may be approved, but the last batch of wirsbo He pex I bought said not for potable water right on it...

Tim
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,528
    Options
    Yesterday,

we had an anonymous company repeatedly trying to do a marketing survey on the Wall about pex. I thought your post was part of that.

If the anonymous company would like to contact me to discuss this, my email address is mailroom@heatinghelp.com
    Retired and loving it.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Then you have

A,B& C pex ......

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• with PEX... not PEX-AL... as long as they are rated to the same ASTM standard, fittings should be interchangable.

PEX-AL is rated to a looser standard and is less forgiving. still, some interchange works.. just not always.

Brand Y PEX fittings may NOT fit Brand Z manifolds and adapters, however, so fittings must match hardware.
This discussion has been closed.