Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Outdoor reset controller - Tekmar 260 or ??

todd_14
todd_14 Member Posts: 18
I am looking for advice.

I have a mid 1980's Valliant boiler (225k/net 194k)fired by a Blue Angel HS (w/ 1.75 gph nozzle).

I burn 1600 to 1800 gallons per heating season feeding 3 zones each with separate circulators & very old relays for each.

I'm considering installing a beckett Heat manager/Intellicon HW or an outdoor rest controller suchas Tekmar 260.

I've read both installation manuals.

I'm confused about the Tekmar 260. It appears to use a temp. probe on the supply line like the Heatmanager.
Does the Aquastat get disconnected or does it stay in-place as a safety shut-off if the Tekmar fails?

I assume I simple continue with my existing relays for the circulator pumps. What is the BOILER SYST. PUMP output terminal used for on the Tekmar??

Will the Tekmar save substanially more oil than the heat manager? Tekmar cost is about double plus the additional time to program/profile.

Any advice??
Does it Does t

Comments

• Mike C._4
    Mike C._4 Member Posts: 56
    Tekmar 260

The 260 would have been my first choice but since the Intellidyne fell in my lap cheaply I went that route and installed it myself. My oil consumption was less than half of yours so my gain wouldn't be anywhere near yours. I just installed a large solar system so my oil use should go down further. I say research the 260 further and try to go that route. I think the gain would be worth the price. I don't believe it is approved as a safety device. Hopefully some pros will help you out here.

Mike
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,762
    The Tehmor

The Tekmor would supply higher comfort and larger savings. The Tekmor set up will use the oid aquastat a high limit.

Your Valliant is a nice boiler. If it were mine I would up grade the Blue Angle burner to a Riello F10 .....
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • Mike C._4
    Mike C._4 Member Posts: 56
    Reillo F10 suggestion.

Ironically, I have Reillo F10 Mectron version burner sitting on a shelf in my basement. I used it for some time before it was discovered that I really needed the F5 and converted. If you are interested, let me know.

Mike
This discussion has been closed.