Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Drill & Tap

Options
MikeyB
MikeyB Member Posts: 696
What about installing a main vent on the dry return before it drips back down to the heartford loop, have one main that has an end of main vent (vents well), another shorter main that does not have a end of main vent), not sure if i will be able to install a new vent before the 1" dry return connection off of that shorter main, would one at the end of the dry return work just as well? or should i open up the ceing and start cutting and threading the 2" main to get a ventat the right location,, thanks guys

Comments

• World Plumber
    World Plumber Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Adding main vents

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    In a Fix..,.

.....I tap in and install a VariValve or two for a main valve. One of the few times I like to use them. Too fast for a normal radiator.

PS I might be a mind reader :)
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • World Plumber
    Options
    Adding main vents

Does anyone have experience does drilling and tapping the pipe work without creating other problems? I have a customer the one end of the house gets hot on cold days and the other is quit cool sometimes 12 to 15 degrees diffrence. The main on the warm end of the house is vented the 2 long mains are not. Also is it advisable to place a mainvent in a riser. the longest main goes 35 feet then rises 8 feet then runs another 20 feet enclosed. If i put a vent in the top foot of the riser I would be 2/3 of the way should speed up the venting. Am I thinking right?
  • World Plumber
    Options
    !/2 inch

I was thinking tapping 1/2 inch and using Gorton #1's
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    You can do that too

I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
This discussion has been closed.