Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Pressure gauge

Options
Dry Steam
Dry Steam Member Posts: 32
I know it's a wood fired system so the response will be more slower to produce steam from start is this the reason for increased time to vent closure?

Comments

• Dry Steam
    Dry Steam Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Curious

So today I bought and installed a low presure gauge, 0-5 psi instead of my 0-15, and fire the boiler in hopes of fine tuning the system.. Its a one pipe wood fired with two risers one three, one two inch to a dropped 4" header. One 3" take off that runs 65' to a tee where it splits to two 2" mains and returns to the boiler room and drops after the two main vents. Hoffman 75's. System satisfied the thermostat before any pressure was indicated on the new 0-5psi gauge. It took eleven minutes for steam from header to vents.

Is the system running as efficient as can be or should I add main vents to system? I have posted here before in another thread the other day and Brad White answered some questions of mine. I thought I would change the psi guage out to determine what my system pressure is, but that didn't work the way I planned. Any thoughts? Any more info needed? I mean I get heat when I call for it, and its a quiet system. Ohh one more thing... the main vents cycled 4 times?????? Can't figure that one out.
This discussion has been closed.