Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam Boiler problem

Options
to look at your system it sounds like something is disconnected and it is difficult to determine what it is with out seeing the system.

Comments

• Ken Rana
    Ken Rana Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Steam boiler not heat apartment

I own a two family and I installed a new utica Boiler a Gas-Fired Stem Boiler 8 years ago. The size of the boiler is Btuh. & Damper 187,000 and Heating Capacity Btuh of 151,000. Two years ago, I installed a second boiler (hot water baseboard heat) for the first apartment and the plumber removed all the radiators from the first apartment and caped the pipes from the basement. Since, then radiators in the second apartment don't get hot at all. I have replace the air valves on the radiators and tries all different kind of thing. The gas usage for the utica Boiler is still the same as if I was heating the two apartments. The plumber tells me that the boiler is two big for the apartment and I should just install a baseboard heat for the second apartment as well. If the boiler is big for one apartment then the apartment should get heat very fast but it doesn't. I'm wondering if the pipes coming from the boiler and two big and the steam just returns back to the boiler. Or should i have a plumber redo the piping to the boiler. Please give me some feedback as to what should I do before it really gets cold.
This discussion has been closed.