Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What are the ideal settings for my aquastat on a hot water heati

What are the ideal settings on my oil-fired hot water heating system? And should these settings remain for the whole heating season? Thank you.

Comments

• Bill Rae
    Bill Rae Member Posts: 3
    Aquastat settings

What are the ideal aquastat settings on my oil-fired hot water heating system? Thank you.
  • Bill need a little more

info, do you have an L8124 Aquastat relay on the boiler and do you get domestic hot water from the boiler?
  • Bill Rae
    Bill Rae Member Posts: 3
    Aquastat Settings.

My aquastat is L8124A. I do not get domestic hot water from the system. I have a separate domestic hot water supply. Thank you
  • The L8124 is going

to maintain a lo-limit temperature unless it is disconnected. This means the boiler will run year round to maintain that temperature unless you shut off the power switch in the summer. It is not a bad thing to maintain temperature however especially with oil.

Set the HI to 200 degrees and the low to 180 degrees or less in order to get proper circulator operation. The R to B terminals will maintain temperature to what ever you set the LO to. When R to B breaks R to W makes and unless there is a call for heat nothing happens. When the thermostat calls now you will be circulating lets say 180 degree water. The controls have a built in 10 degree differential but you need to set the adjustable differential on your control to 20 degrees.
  • s
    s Member Posts: 1
    questioning the setting

Ive been in the heating industry for 22 years.Ive been thru honeywell training.As per Honeywell an ideal setting is 180 hi 160 low with a 20 diff,or 170hi 150 low 20 diff.
    PS you can call Honeywell and confirm or any service co and confirm
This discussion has been closed.