Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

DPST Aquastat

Jim K in PA
Jim K in PA Member Posts: 13
I am designing a control system for my combination wood furnace (GARN gassifier with integral storage) and oil fired hydronic furnace as backup. I am pretty sure I need a DPST A-stat that will power a second in-line A-stat when the supply water from the wood furnace is above the oil burner cut in threshold. The second in-line A-stat will control the primary and secondary circ pumps. If the wood furnace goes cold, I want the in-boiler A-stat to remove power from in-line A-stat controlling the primary and secondary pumps and have the oil furnace fire and heat the zones. That way I do not throw heat into the oil burner/wood burner HX, wasting energy trying to heat up 2k gallons of water with the oil burner.

My existing A-stat is the standard Honeywell unit (sorry - do not ahve the # handy) on the temp well in the DHW coil plate. I need to replace that one with the DPST. Then I may use that OEM SPST A-stat on the inline well.

How does one go about mounting a temp well and A-stat on a 1.25" pipe? Suggestions for particular hardware is appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!