Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wiring CAS-4 Combustion Air System

Options
Steve do you have the latest Field Contractor Reference Guide? If so look on page 64, if not let me know and I will e-mail you a copy of the page.

Comments

• Steve Garson_2
    Steve Garson_2 Member Posts: 712
    Options
    Wiring CAS-4 Combustion Air System

I am being "challenged" in wiring a CAS-4 with a Carlin 60200FR control. The CAS-4 wiring diagram shows four thermostat connections on the appliance (C-G-R-W) but the Carlin control has just two terminals for the thermostat.

The CAS-4 appears to need 24 volts to power its relay. It also has connections for the gas valve, which has violet wires, 110VAC.

T2 and T3 connect in series with the 110VAC gas valve, where a relay closes the circuit when the thermostat closes. But the thermostat is described to connect to T1 and T3, where T1 is common. I don't think it makes sense for a 24V control to share the common on a 110VAC circuit.

Can anyone offer advice?
    Steve from Denver, CO
  • John@Reliable_14
    John@Reliable_14 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Is this ..................

a Carlin e-z gas burner?
  • Steve Garson_2
    Options

Yes, it is the EZ-Gas burner.
    Steve from Denver, CO
  • Steve Garson_2
    Options

I talked with Field Controls today. The reason I have been so challenged is that the CAS-4, while sold for gas burners, requires 24VAC which the EZ-Gas does not use. So the solution is the CAS-3, which has a 110V relay instead of the 24V relay.

So I am ordering the relay and I will be all set.
    Steve from Denver, CO
This discussion has been closed.