Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Haydon Baseboard

Have you checked to see if there are plastic glides under the fins on all of the carrier brackets? Is there sufficient room at the supply and return ends to allow for expansion of the tube? Are the end caps too close to the pipes? If properly installed and contains no air in the piping and the expansion tank is working, the system should be silent. I have in excess of 100 lineal feet of base board in my home and it is stone quiet.

Comments

• World Plumber
    World Plumber Member Posts: 389
    Noise

Your repacing the baseboard because it is noisey?? I think your looking in the wrong place. Replacing your baseboard with High cap will give you more Btu capacity. If you have noise your probably not getting your capacity that the baseboard is capable of now. Check your system for air and proper water presure.
  • Bob Flanagan_3
    Bob Flanagan_3 Member Posts: 67
    Slant/Fin

If your problem persists, please give us a call at 1-800-873-4346. That will get you to our Tech. Serv. Dept. Jim Erhardt made some very good suggestions. If you would like, we could have an area representative come out and take a look for you.

Thanks for choosing Slant/Fin,
    Best Regards,
    Bob Flanagan
    V.P. Sales
    Slant/Fin Corp.
    Bob Flanagan

Vice President

Slant/Fin Corp.
  • World Plumber
    World Plumber Member Posts: 389
    Temp

Just out of curosity why so hot? Is your system that under sized? We generally run 160 to 180 max. You might consider turning your aquastat down. The lower temp would not have as great of expansion rate. I doubt you will notice any change in the heating of the house. It might just end your noise problem.
  • Ray_19
    Ray_19 Member Posts: 1
    Buderus GB 142 30

Just had new installation - gas, baseboard hw., 3 zone heat with 4th zone for Superstor 45 gal HW tank.

Just now cool at night so turned heat on. Plenty of baseboard measured throughout the house.

The AM10 is set at 167/120, boiler temp stays around 131 but 2 zones stay on for 2+hours never reaching thermostat temp to turn off pumps and boiler stays on. WHY ?

All 3 thermostats seem to work fine...

Do I need to increase 167/120 to 167/125 or 130 so boiler temp runs a little higher, satisfying thermostat to turn off ?
This discussion has been closed.