Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Nice 2 boiler job - completed job pics

Options
looks like a first-rate job, you have every right to be proud!<BR><BR>Dave

Comments

• Keith C.
    Keith C. Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Completed job

Hi everyone just checking in to share a job that went really well for us. This job was for the owner of a two family house who did not live in either apartment. He wanted to be able to submeter the gas usage between apartments and also to convert over to natural gas for heating fuel at the same time. We took out a pretty new SGO-4 with amtrol sidearm (which the owner kept for another of his buildings) and installed two AO Smith 40 gallon 10 years, one for each apartment, and two WM boilers, an EG 35 and a CGa 3.

Now this is the cool part. The house was originally heated with cabinet type steam convectors. In order to do the submeter project, we converted the first floor over to hot water, ergo the CGa. We cut and capped the steam branches going to each of four convectors, and ran individual home runs to each existing convector from the Uponor Truflow Jr. manifold installed behind the CGa. Because the landlord had already tightened his building envelope with insulation, the heat emitted by the convectors at 190 degrees is still more than enough to compensate for the heat loss, so there will be no performance decrease from the higher temperature steam. I chose to use Uponor 1/2" HePex because we had 700 feet left over from another job. I could have used 3/8 to make the radius' a little tighter, but ultimately it didn't really affect anything.

Oh yeah and we were able to cram this whole installation into a footprint of 50 square feet. Not bad.

Anyway I'm happy to share with all the people who post here and hope that you can enjoy looking at our job as much as I enjoyed actually doing it.

See you
    Keith

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.