Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

State Fair food

Options
Josh M.
Josh M. Member Posts: 360
You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about!
Hows it goin Tim? Haven't "heard" from you in a while.

Comments

• John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Good eats

Yes, another off-topic thread but it does provide a diversion.

I did some volunteer work at the Michigan State Fair last night, which of course involves eating fair food. Actually, I think the food is the best part of this fair. I took a picture here of a booth that sells friend bologna sammies. How cool is that? I wound up eating a "Polish sampler" which was gut-busting great.

Anybody here have any FFFs? (Fair food favorites)
  • Mike Dunn
    Mike Dunn Member Posts: 189
    Options
    State fair food

When it comes to eating food at the fair it's all about the three C's.

Corn Dog, Corn Dog, Corn Dog.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Turkey legs

and corn on the cob, along with mugs of A&W root beer. Those are my favorite fair foods.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    New York State Fair

Grew up in Auburn, just outside Syracuse. Went to the fair every year. About a mile away you can smell the sausage, onions & peppers cooking at the Carmen Basillio's Sausage Sandwich Shacks. Ahhhh the smell...

Rick
  • John Barba
    John Barba Member Posts: 166
    Options
    Anything on a stick...

At the Minnesota State Fair, you can get anything, and I do mean anything, on a stick -- including alligator, pork chops, deep fried Twinkies... you name it, it's on a stick!

They also have a booth serving all the milk you can drink. It's right down the street from the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies by the bucket booth.

Don't skip the ostrich burger stand...

Then there's the fries...

Oy....

JMB
  • Josh M.
    Options

Without a doubt I have to have a Walla Walla Onion Burger! And that's not just because my wife lived in Walla Walla when we met.
  • Mike Dunn
    Mike Dunn Member Posts: 189
    Options
    John, goin

this Friday night. UMMM can't wait. I will try the hot dish on a stick this year. That's right I said hot dish.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Ruthe Jubinville_2 Member Posts: 674
    Options
    umm good

fried bread dough and hot sausage grinder
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,994
    Options
    \"Funeral\" cakes.............................

aka, funnel cakes. Cold beer. Mad Dog

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,994
    Options
    Yates + Washington County Fairs

were the two I grew up going to. Yates, in The Finger Lakes with my Grandparents and The Washington County Fair because we were "racetrackers" and every August was spent in Saratoga..and I guess that was the nearest county fair in August - fond memories...New York State is the best! Mad Dog

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Ahh, the Puyallup fair and the smell of grilled onion burgers

Grew up with that smell Josh, boy they are greasy good. Tim
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Going good Josh, swamped!

How you doing up there in the north! Hope all is well. Tim
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,306
    Options
    The one off topic thing...

...I can say, is when you are grilling the onions (in a pan) put a splash of beer in there. Oooooohhhh--aaahhhhhh ;~)

Yours, Larry
  • Josh M.
    Options

Going good Tim. Actually moved the operation to Seattle. We're down on Airport way. No worries though, I don't think we cross over into your work scope so don't think of us as the competition! We were doing 75% of our work on Lk. Washington and Lk. Sammamish so it didn't make any sense to stay in North Snohomish.
This discussion has been closed.