Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

That's Hot Water (jalcoplumb)

Options
Darin,
It's not the same without you here. But you know first hand what Hajji Engineering is.

Comments

• jalcoplumb_8
    jalcoplumb_8 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Melted CPVC (jalcoplumb)

I am again deployed overseas. Here is a picture of a cpvc pipe that melted and burst. The temperature was extreme. The electric water heater thermostat malfunctioned and the water was steaming. The pressure relief dripped.

The water heaters over here are small 20 gal wall hung electric heaters. They have a combination pressure relief/check valve on the inlet. (see photo DSCF0258.jpg) They inlet and outlets of the tanks are hooked up with standard 3/8” stainless steel flexible faucet connectors. There is a standard ½” chrome angle valve between the pipe and the faucet connectors. It is a scary situation. This is SOP over here in the Middle East.

If you look at the CPVC tee, someone tried to glue it to the existing P-PE heat fusion pipe. The only reason the joint didn’t fail was that it was strapped tight. I pulled the pipe out with little effort.
  • Darin Cook_5
    Darin Cook_5 Member Posts: 298
    Options
    What's up my Iraqi Friend?

Hey at least you're not picking shrapnel out of your behind(I Hope!!). Are you back in Iraq now? Chuck Powers (bullpen) is back over in Baghdad. Is that where you are? Stay well my friend. Maybe we could send you some solar thermal equipment to make that hot water for the cadillacs. The generators wouldn't scream so loud!!! HA!! Let me know if you need anything. Of course nothing that violates General Order 1A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY SAFE!

Darin

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.