Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham mpo vs. Buederus vs Viessmann

k
k Member Posts: 38
curious as to what you think of the burnham mpo system compared to either the viessman vitirod, or the buderus Gw115. they are all tripple pass boilers, and seem to be allin the same effecieny. Ive dont me homework on all 3, and would like your opions on these units.
OIL system boiler, heating a 2200sqft home, northern New England. just moved into this house, and staying here for the long haul, so I dont want to repalce this thing in 15 years. (Unless Nat Gas comes to my area) thanks in advanced.

Comments

• millhouse_2
    millhouse_2 Member Posts: 10

HO here, whose lurked this board for awhile. I'd anticipate that most would say that they are all very good boilers and you should 'shop' the installer. We've looked at all 3 and a few others and leaning towards the G115 per installer's recommendation.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    If

you just go on AFUE,every oil boiler looks the same.And that's not even close to true.What's the AFUE difference between a Buderus with or without a Logamatic? Or a Viessmann and Vitotronic control.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Keith_33
    Keith_33 Member Posts: 2

Viessmann Vitorond has full reset capability with a really innovative return water temperature mix feature. It is similar in structure to the G115. They're both great. Shop the installer.
  • JackR
    JackR Member Posts: 125
    MPO

I switched from the Buderus to Burnham MPO earlier this, I really like the boiler. I have been adding the Taco 700 outdoor reset to the zone relay and it makes a real simple sweet package. I like the upper end viessmann but I am not a big fan of the Vitorond 100, they are not even close to the quality of the rest of the line. I've been real impressed with what Burnham has been coming out with lately.
  • k
    k Member Posts: 38
    installer...

you all say to shop the isntaller.. As someone who really doenst know anyhting ahout this, how do I go about doing this minus doing my due diligance of getting referals, checking bbb, ect.. is the guy that spends 1hr with me talking about this stuff, technology, better then the guy that comes in, takes one look at my existing boiler and leave in 5 min? Thanks all for your assistance.
  • millhouse_2
    millhouse_2 Member Posts: 10

I think if you are doing a simple boiler swap, you should be ok. If you want anything fancy (and fancy seems to be considered 'standard' on this site), plan to spend lots of time interviewing...or so I have found out. My advice is to find out what you want/need and then ask if the installer will do that.
  • Keith_34
    Keith_34 Member Posts: 1

Just ask the guy if he's done any factory training. If so he should be good to go.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    here you go

this should do it
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Forget BBB

Anyone can get listed by the BBB by simply paying the yearly fee. Not a very valuable resource. Use the criteria listed in the link a couple posts below.
This discussion has been closed.