Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pellet stoves

Options
Dave MH
Dave MH Member Posts: 9
here is a great link to forums on pellet stoves - all you'll ever need (or want) to know.
http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewforum/22/

Comments

• Tim Haggerty_4
    Tim Haggerty_4 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Pellet stoves

I was watching a home improvement show this morning, and they installed a pellet burning stove was installed as a free standing unit to provide additional heat. I was thinking of installing a wood burning insert stove in my fireplace, but what I saw about the pellet stove got me thinking in that direction. I saw all about the upside of the pellet stove on the show, and I'm sure the fireplace store will tell me more of the same. Does anyone have any information about this, pro and con. Thanks again, Tim
  • Al Letellier_9
    Al Letellier_9 Member Posts: 929
    Options
    pellet stoves

A very fast growing area of alternative fuel technology, and that always scares me a little. They haved been around a while, and a friend had one in his home in western Mass. and he was impressed with it. The main problem I hear about is getting qualified people to install them, and getting a good supply of pellets. A local stove shop here had stoves but no pellets....they are very efficient and easy to use and maintain.....just be sure of your installer and fuel source.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • rene_3
    rene_3 Member Posts: 21
    Options

I have a stove made by Harmon. I've used it for 1-1/2 years and swear by it. It's a P61-A rated to heat 2000 sq/ft. My house is 1600 sq/ft and up here in New Hampshire, it works great. It has the automatic ignition and thermostat. All I have to do is feed it. It's so efficient, that I only have to clean it after burning 1 ton of pellets. I used 3 tons last winter. So far in my area, the supply of pellets hasn't been a problem. I already have mine for next winter. I paid $229.00 per ton.
This discussion has been closed.