Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas conversion on Crown feeport boiler?? opinions please

Options
tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
I am not a fan of the conversion burners I have seen put on this 3 pass boiler. Small firebox, high back pressure. We have done many cbs over the last 25 years but never a freeport due to the firebox size. There is a person around here that has done quite a few but they are poor in my opinion and combustion is never qood due to the restrictive flue passages on these. What you all think on this boiler. Thanks, Tim

Comments

• Tim I have never converted one of

these so my knowledge is limited.

I have installed conversion burners into very small chambers with back pressure issues. We never could do them with Midco E-20's unless we had a good chimney draft and really fine tuned the burner to be able to keep the pilot lit.

When the Carlin G3A and B came out that all changed. That burner was able to handle those small chamber/high back pressure situations with no problem. Again it took some adjusting and working to get it all set but it would finally work very well.

The problems with all of this conversion burner installtion that is going on now is that most installers do not know waht they are doing.
This discussion has been closed.