Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

System 2000 install

Options
bill_97
bill_97 Member Posts: 172
You really went the extra mile on this job . Separate purges for each zone , Ferncos to disassemble the fresh air , support to the boiler for the fresh air , and the air eliminator . I like how you did the supply and return in black pipe and left plugs in the ends for future zones . That's the sign of a contractor who cares about what he installs .

Keep up the great work and post more pics !

Comments

• Michael_37
    Michael_37 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    System 2000 install

Replaced 20yo peerless and added (split) out a zone for the foyer. Thinking about putting a heat pump water heater on the tank so the boiler will stay cold in the summer.

Pic attached, left room on the left of the boiler to walk around to the back.
  • bob_46
    bob_46 Member Posts: 813
    Options

Nice work Mike!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Rick_78
    Rick_78 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Beautiful work!

The customers will be happy with the fuel savings. Why does System 2000 use a converted electric water heater for an indirect? Is there a difference? Is there greater stand-by loss versus a standard indirect?
    Thanks!

Rick
  • Glenn Sossin_2
    Glenn Sossin_2 Member Posts: 592
    Options
    Makes your mouth water

I don't sell it, but I had to save the picture to show customers what a professional installation should look like.

Great Job!!

My $.02
    Glenn
  • Norm Harvey
    Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684
    Options

Nice work! It looks beautiful.

All those purge valves are not necessary as you can use the one inch ball valve and purge tee, but it looks great.

To the other poster, the electric tank is not used as an indirect, but rather a storage tank to the DHW heated by a plate heat exchanger.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Nice Job!

I like the Fernco idea.Going to try that out on Saturday! Just curious,why the Spirovent?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Michael_38
    Michael_38 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Four of the purge valves were from the old system so they were resued, plus I like the idea of being able to isolate each zone.
  • Jim_139
    Jim_139 Member Posts: 61
    Options
    DHW storage tanks

Just wanted to re-affirm Norm's statement that the storage tanks are not and never have been converted electric water heaters. The plain truth is that the shipping carton reads "Electric Water Heater" but the 40 gallon tanks don't even have tappings for elements. The tanks are well insulated and are on a par with any storage tank on the
    market.

Existing water heaters are sometimes converted for storage when they're in good condition to give a less expensive installation. No problem with that.

This particular installation, which looks great BTW, uses a plate heat exchanger with storage tank. Is that an indirect? Depends on your definition I guess. Aero made what they called an indirect that used a plate heat exchanger tucked into an indent in the jacket with the ports facing out and piped to it from the boiler with a bronze circ on the domestic side.

You will find, if you haven't already, that the boiler will seldom run during the non-heating season as it is demand only with post-purge.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Ken Field
    Ken Field Member Posts: 127
    Options
    Nice job

Looks great. A 1" black cross also works nicely for a header with the supply in the middle instead of the end. Also the deaerator is wasted money. The boiler will do it for you by design. That is an installation that will purr along for 20 years miraculously with little trouble. I belive the rule that 80% of the likelyhood of a system being trouble free comes from the installation and 20% comes from the equipment selection. As long as burner setup is done correctly (on any system) they will look new and act like new for many years.

Ken F

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.