Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Suggestions on improving piping for bathroom radiator

Options
Greetings! I am about to redo my upstairs bath. The first place I'd like to start is by improving the heating of this room. The house is one pipe steam. Boiler replaced two years ago and sized with all radiators taken into account. This particular radiator is tapped off of the upstairs hallway radiator feed. The piping from the hallway feed to this radiator is approximately 7 ft of slightly pitched insulated copper piping in a crawlspace. I have the hallway radiator closed off. All of the houses other piping is black. I have two vents on this radiator as well. The hallway takeoff is the last on the longest of two mains. The takeoff runs horizontal (with some pitch) approximately 12 feet in the basement ceiling before turning up to the riser to the second floor. The bathroom only gets nice and hot when there is a strong demand for steam. Since I can't connect this radiator to the main easily because of the houses design I was thinking of 1) increasing the size of the horizontal takeoff slightly and 2) tying the bathroom directly to the takeoff rather than having it share the same riser as the hallway radiator. Looking for feedback and ideas. Both main vents have been replaced. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.