Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin Maintenance

Options
Mark_46
Mark_46 Member Posts: 312
I own a Heat Transfer Munchkin 80M that was initially installed May 2006. It has served well through 2 heating seasons but it is due for maintenance/cleaning/inspection.

I am looking for a service provider that is VERY experienced with Munchkins and the cleaning/maintenance procedure. I am located in very northeastern New Jersey and would like to have the service completed before the heating season begins...which is around October 15th for my area.

I have looked through the ‘Find A Professional’ portion of this site but I can’t tell who in my area is experienced with this heater brand/model/type.

Thanks for any info/help in advance.

Comments

• Darin Cook_5
    Darin Cook_5 Member Posts: 298
    Options
    Mark C

Go the HTP website. www.htproducts.com and click on the find contractor link and enter your zipcode.

Darin

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • EMB
    EMB Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Service

Darin's right, the HTP website will tell you who has attended a training class. I'm not so sure it will tell you how experienced they are, so call and ask!

Are you having some problem? I noticed you are looking for someone who is VERY experienced.

If it's an annual service, we here on the wall can tell you which parts you should consider replacing.

Enda

• jalcoplumb_8
    jalcoplumb_8 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Service

What is your zip code? I am in NJ. I have been setting up and servicing Munchkins for about 9years. I also stock various Munchkin Parts for the 80-M. I stock blower units, igniters, flame sensors, gaskets, outdoor sensors, tank sensors, misc. parts. I also have a stocking supply house that I deal with that has parts in stock and can get them same day if the Distributor has them in stock.

Jalcoplumb
  • Mark_46
    Options

Hi Enda,
    Thanks for the reply.

When I said 'very' experienced I had two things in mind:

1. I dont want to hire a tech/service provider that would be looking at a Munchkin for the first time.

2. An experienced tech/service provider being able to identify other problems/issues once the work is underway.

Yes it would be an annual service. What does the part list look like for something like this on an 80M?
  • Mark_46
    Options

Hi,

Zip code is 07675.

This discussion has been closed.