Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

OT-Slowdown!!!

Options
Keith_8
Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
Rich,
I hear you, it's like a smack in the head when you realize your son or daughter is more interested in hanging with their friends or that their friends opinion is more important than the parents opinion.

But I'm hear to tell you, don't worry, they come back.

Do the right thing and they will know your intentions are only for their well being.

Just when we rounded the corner with our oldest daughter (18 years old) and felt like she was once again a member of the human race our son (14 years old) began to drift into the world of the aliens. He'll be back in time for the 11 year old to torture us.

Guess what? Same thing I did to my mom. Later on in life I appologized to Mom for the premature aging I caused her. She must have amnesia because she only remembered the good things of my teenage years. Few and far between as they were.

Enjoy the ups and downs, we'll look back and rememeber the ride and wish we could do it again.

Keith

Comments

• Rich L.
    Rich L. Member Posts: 414
    Options
    My eldest son

turned 12 this past weekend. He had a couple of buddies spend the night and we did all the fun birthday stuff. Where are the years going? Seems like just a year or two ago we were making the trip home from the hospital. I get a little misty eyed just thinking about it! The youngest one turns 10 this fall. We're trying to do all the fun things we can while they still enjoy being with Mom and Dad. We were going to go to a water park this summer until I broke my arm last week. First cast I've had in my life. Kinda messes up the water park! We may still go anyway, I'll just cheer the rest of them on!

They're all boy's. Just check out the pic!
  • Jim_47
    Jim_47 Member Posts: 244
    Options
    Nice Photo

Now that photo should be shown to all his High school sweet hearts.
    I remember going to one of those flag theme parks only to find out that all the fun stuff like formula one cars and speed boats were for the adults and cost much more. I thought about it and decided it was better to just stand on the sidelines and watch the younger folks. My boys had a blast and I wish to think that they will remember the side lines cheering I gave them. Your cast will bring sympathy from the yung ones and wimin. Your sacrifice will be payed back 10fold over the course of your life.
    a few years ago just before Xmas I had a blood clot in my leg. I remember hearing the boys talking about going out on calls with me so they could allow me to sit there and "train" them. Thats how My boys spent there winter college break. I was so proud of them.
  • Rich L.
    Rich L. Member Posts: 414
    Options
    Prout too!

Proud you should be Jim. I'm sure those boys will remember the times Dad was there cheering them on! Remember they are never too old to hear "I love you" or get hugs from Mom and Dad.

My boys couldn't wait to sign my cast. Oldest wrote "I love you Dad, Andy" Young one wrote "You are the best Dad, Sam" As much as I dislike having this thing on my wrist I smile every time I read it :)

I was trying to help my sweet wife clear the table the other night after supper and the youngest took the dishes from my hand and insisted he and his brother could take care of this. "Go sit down Dad till your arm gets better." Awesome kids.

As for the picture, I'm thinking high school graduation party for sure, maybe even wedding reception photos....
This discussion has been closed.