Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

triangle tube prestige Less maintanence?

Options
Big Will
Big Will Member Posts: 396
Very happy with it. Its professional looking lots of options in size and wall or floor mount. Only One has given me any kind of problem and the rep has been very help full. All that said A supplier that sold me the munchkins when I was using them put together a class for Buderus solar yesterday. Great class. But the sales guy came to me asking about where I had been buying. We talked about the Prestige because he is marketing them now. They look good no floor model but that's not a real big deal. He really pushed that they don't get buildup in the heat exchangers like the munchkins and the Knights do. I wanted to get some feed back from those who have used them. He said I can really ignore maintenance with them and that is a significant thing.

Comments

• Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Options
    I call BS

They all need maintenance. The Prestige will however require less frequent cleaning than the brands you mentioned because of it's HX design from what I've experienced.
  • Uni R_2
    Uni R_2 Member Posts: 589
    Options

"The Prestige will however require less frequent cleaning"

Is that fact or opinion? Most require annual maintenance. Are you saying a Prestige "requires" less than annual maintenance?

Will that affect the warranty? Can I quote you?
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Options
    No warranty expressed or implied

I have sold and installed all the makes mentioned on this post. When I do a scheduled maintenance on a Munchie or Knight that I installed and set up, I know what I'm usually going to find all things being equal. Same is true for the Prestige. It's an entirely different design than the flattened radial tube on the Giannoni models. Being vertical in nature means that gravity helps keep it clean by the effect of condensate taking impurities with it as it descends. It also has much larger flue gas passageways. Not bashing one product or promoting another........just pointing out the differences. It's a legacy of my years in sales.
  • Big Will
    Options
    That does make some sense

if the tubes are verticle with a down shot burner. I would think even the burner would foce some debris down before it hardens. Other than that the perfomance/reliability has been good?
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    I've had very little

problems with the prestige. I had one control microproccesor with a cracked solder joint, probably from a rough trip over seas. Someone here once coined the phrase, calling it the "new cast iron boiler in a mod con box", meaning it's very reliable. So far I agree. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Options
    Reliability

I've had no issues whatsoever with the HX and burner. The control locked out when it got some power it didn't like. Caused me some serious stress when it locked out and froze up a customers weekend house. I believe all the current production has been updated to eliminate the problem. I like the Prestige a lot. It's number 2 on my list.
  • Big Will
    Options
    whats #1 ?

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,763
    Options
    Prestige #1 on my list, cost and simplicity over Vitodens

We have been installing Prestige's for over 3 yrs now. Had one blower that would not ramp up on start up once. And one that was locking out due to dirty power supply. Fixed that. Have pulled a few apart to check heat x and the oldest one had a bit of deposits around top edges of tubes where they meet tube sheet but not much. Enough I would say to clean, which we did but minimal. That one was 3 yrs from installation. Very reliable. We have probably 20 110s in, 12 399s and ? 6 or 8 175s.
  • what's involved in the break down?

What's it like opening the prestige? by appearances it does not seem to be designed for convenient break down.

Is the bottom of the hx accessible? seems like this area could collect condensate sludge. Was the unit you opened running Lp or natural?

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,763
    Options
    Re: opening up

Not bad to open up, remove top head and burner. Disconnect trap on bottom and wash down through it. Takes about the same time or less as a munchie. Not much build up although. I would say it is easy overall.
  • Lp or natural?

Tim thanks for the info. The reason I ask about LP and natural is that it's my understanding that Lp is more prone to leaving combustion byproducts. If an lp boiler barely needs cleaning after 3 years this information is even more compelling.
This discussion has been closed.