Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Analyzer?

Options
The questions that you really need to ask is what service agency is near to my sphere of operation and what analyzers do they work on. Do not let yourself be fooled by the sales and advertising hype. All equipment needs to be serviced and eventually replaced. This is one time where "shopping local" is not just another cliche.

Comments

• Zack
    Zack Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Residential Combustion Analyzer

It seems like my residential combustion analyzer is always giving me a hard time. I’m checking the web for a new one, if anyone has any info, or can help me with my search it would be much appreciated…
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Jim Davis_3
    Jim Davis_3 Member Posts: 578
    Options

It would help to know which one you have. Your problems may be easily taken care of. Some analyzers are not field serviceable and I would stay away from them.
  • Billy_9
    Billy_9 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Wohler

I would go Wohler all the way. Excellent product and the fastest service around
  • Norm Harvey
    Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684
    Options

I heart my testo 330

I have dreams of the two of us taking long walks on the beach, picnicing in the park, and watching our customers grow up.

Disclaimer: Your experience may differ.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Rudy
    Rudy Member Posts: 482
    Options
    Jim is right

If you have a Bacharach, it is real easy to take care of. If you need some help feel free to give me a call 412-576-1350.
    If you need to look at a new unit, Bacharach is coming out with a new residential analyzer you will start hearing about Sept 1.
    It's called the Fyrite Insight and is specifically designed to eliminate having to send it in for service/calibration.
    I got the first demo unit last week, been running it through it's paces on my oil fired hot water tank, it has been performing flawlessly.
    Nice display, easy to navigate, you can even upload your company's logo to print out on the printer.
    It was engineered by, Dave D'Amico, I think Jim would agree, he is one of the sharpest, most thorough design engineers on the planet!
    Plus, it's made in the USA
  • mike@BORO
    mike@BORO Member Posts: 30
    Options
    bachrach

hi rudy, sounds interesting, tell richie im willing to field test one. mike santoro
  • Rudy
    Options
    Service and calibration

You are right Fred, that's why I always calibrated and serviced my analyzers myself. 16 years as a contractor, never sent an instrument in for service. This is not rocket science, modern heating/cooling equipment controls are much more complicated.

You have a board (which can't be serviced), two sensors, a pump, thermocouple and a couple of batteries.

The Insight's O2 sensor doesn't need to be calibrated, the CO sensor can be calibrated easily with cal gas or you can just order a calibrated sensor and swap it out yourself (it's going to be called the B-Smart sensor program), the pressure sensor does not require calibration (although you can check the span if you need to) and you can use boiling water and a glass of ice water to calibrate the thermocouples.

If something goes wrong with the program or you need to add additional fuel codes down the road, there is a usb port in the bottom, you can download test results to a spreadsheet or upload new fuel codes, program upgrades.

Sorry if I'm sounding like a salesman but I've been using test instuments since 1981 (still have the invoice for my original shaker bottle) and got my first electronic in 86.

I've been playing around with this new one for a couple of weeks and really like it!!

And Mike, I'll have Rich give you a call.
  • Dick Charland
    Dick Charland Member Posts: 178
    Options
    Star in the making!!!

There is a strong rumor that Bacharach went out and got a well known industry expert to appear in the new promotional video for the new Insight, I can't wait to see who it is.
  • Maineiac
    Maineiac Member Posts: 2
    Options

Testo would (is) my first choice. The 330LL is the best i've ever used in 20 years
  • Rudy
    Options
    Yep

The video could be one of the most humiliating experiences of my career - I'm sure I'll get alot of grief from you ;)!! - but it's still a very nice instrument.

It has a run time meter built into it, mine has been running 13.9 hours since last Wed.
  • Jim Bergmann
    Jim Bergmann Member Posts: 24
    Options
    combustion analyzer

The testo 327 is a great low cost work horse. It has over a year on the market and has operated flawlessly.

Wow Rudy a film star!!!
  • Rod Kotiga
    Rod Kotiga Member Posts: 68
    Options

I usually don't laugh out loud when I read about Heating topics but that was an awesome response !!! :)

Rod
  • Zack
    Options
    New Analyzer?

Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback, I've been checking into it pretty thoroughly. Rudy, I looked into the Insight because it sounded pretty interesting. I guess nice work on selling it, I googled it and Bacharach has info out on it already -
    http://i-newswire.com/pr199615.html

Any more info than this? Is it out now?
  • Zack
    Options

Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback, I've been checking into it pretty thoroughly. Rudy, I looked into the Insight because I'm in the northeast and cuz it's sounded pretty interesting. I guess nice work on selling it, I googled it and Bacharach has info out on it already -

• Zack
    Options

Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback, I've been checking into it pretty thoroughly. Rudy, I looked into the Insight because I'm in the northeast and cuz it's sounded pretty interesting. I guess nice work on selling it, I googled it and Bacharach has info out on it already -

• Zack
    Options

• MPF
    MPF Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Soon,

I was just talking to Rich Bruno my regional Bacharach guy and I may have one in my hands shortly. Maybe a week if I'm lucky. ;)
This discussion has been closed.