Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

DHW tank for boiler i.e. amtrol boilmate

Options
michael_34
michael_34 Member Posts: 304
I have used those and still will, I really like the idea of keeping the solar hot water moving. That way in the solar tank there is better stratification. Move the heat to be used for DHW to a smaller tank and leave some more room for more solar. Very common practice.

Comments

• michael_34
    Options
    DHW tank for boiler i.e. amtrol boilmate

I'm looking for a more cost affective DHW tank than the Amtrol boiler mate. I use the 26 gallon (WH-9 series) to tie into my solar tank in a pre-existing DHW system. Any suggestions. I am paying around 900.00 for the Amtrol.
    Many Thanks,
    Michael
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Options
    Buderus S-120

This is a very good tank and cost is better than the one you mentioned

David
  • michael_34
    Options
    perfect

Hey that is perfect! The high temp limit in going from the boiler on the Amtrol is only 150*. The Buderus is 203*, which is great for solar! Thanks Michael

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Options
    Michael,

The boiler mate has a coil assembly that is very restrictive and prone to scale up.
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Options
    Michael,

Since this computer has a tendency to double posts I will add that I had a boiler-mate years ago for a wood system and while it was one of the pioneers of domestic indirect
    DHW there are better options now.
This discussion has been closed.