Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

refrigerant reclaimation.

You definitely need to do your local homework. There are supply houses that accept recovered refrigerant and pay you for it, while others do not. Some don't handle recovered refrigerant at all.

For the most part, if you have an account with a supply house and have an EPA Section 608 certificate on file so you can purchase refrigerant, they should be able to direct you to someone who handles the recovered refrigerant.
Eugene

Comments

• the recycle guy
    the recycle guy Member Posts: 5

Do you know of any places that will purchase reclaimed refrigerant? Do they make cheap tools that test reclaimed refrigerant for purity that are inexpensive? If they don't purchase reclaimed refrigerant what places accept it for free?
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    R-dude

Hay Dude!Which refrigerant's are you refering to? Does "purity" mean "acid" ? If yes, then Carrier has a simple test kit.If you mean percentages of blended refrigerants left over after a freon leak then I'm not aware of a cheap field test kit. And check with your local Refrigeration supply house about their policy's on recovered freon's to be recycled by some mfgr.I have not kept upto date on the changes in R-R-R, or freon ownership once recovered,recycling purity as per the ARI 700-93 standard, so speak up my fellow R-R-R's.What quantities are you dealing with?
  • paul zeszotarski
    paul zeszotarski Member Posts: 33

Hudson tech will purshase the refrigerant. the corporate office for hudson is in pearl river, ny and the shop is in orangeburg, ny. they will test the refrigerant and depending on the purity (acid, particulate, moisture)they will give fair market price.
  • the recycle guy
    the recycle guy Member Posts: 5

it will probably be r-22 and r-134a but could be anything. I'm trying to work out a deal with a couple local recycling centers to reclaim refrigerant so they can scrap the metal. It is in the feasibility stage as of now. Im trying to figure out how much money I should charge and if I can make anything back on the refrigerant.
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    Around here

Most supply houses that sell refrigerants can at least tell you who can take the refrigerants back. One local place used to charge $5.00 per drum, up to 50 pound capacity. They stopped at the first of this year and a lot of people, including me, started raising a fuss because we paid for the m to take the old R22 prior to that.

There's no one around here that I know about that will purchase recovered R22.

The gent that used to haul off my scrap started charging me if there was any refrigerant in the system. I haul my own scrap now.
This discussion has been closed.