Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Impedance(lockout)relay

Techman
Techman Member Posts: 2,144
I think what you are looking for is a double pole, double throw relay ,using a n.o.contact in the one circuit and a n.c.contact in the other circuit. An impeadence relay (with a higher reasistance coil)would lockout the normal control circuit when a safety switch( L.P., H.P.,overload)opens. Then the power has to turned off ,then back on , to reset the normal sequence of events,after the safety switch has reset.

Comments

• Blackoakbob
    Blackoakbob Member Posts: 252
    impedance lockout relay

I am looking for info on how to set up this type of parallel circuit. I have a gshp contactor coil that I want to drop out via dry contact from the power company and in parallel a coil to close a contact to a back up gas boiler and to reset the circuit when the original heat demand is satisfied. Any tips, comments and criticism would be appreciated. Best regards,
  • Mike T._2
    Mike T._2 Member Posts: 4
    Techman

Perfect as usual,....I couldn't have said it better myself. Higher resistance is the key here and to reset you must kill power to reset.

Mike T.

Where have you been Terry? Hope all is well.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Mike T

Hidey Ho Neighbor,things are GOOD ,thanks !I've been gutting,striping and starting to renovate the 2nd floor of our house to turn it into our office.Yeow!!!!!!This "weekend project"has mushroomed into a nightmare.!! And since I'm a halfa--ed carpenter,my foot kept getting deeper and dragged my other foot with it.I didn't even visit "The WALL " for months and months,then the summer mysterily appeared out of nowhere,YEOW!!!!! But I did manage to attend two of Taco's classes taught by John Barba,at the Taco factory in Rhode Island.And a one day class by Sporlan on Supermarket Refrigeration Controls. I hope all is well with you and your's. Thank's again!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.