Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trane Scrolls

Options
Also, what size Intellipak's are you working on? Mine are 100 ton, 2 compressors are manifolded together. I was unaware of that situation when I first started working here, and was pointed out by a certified Trane tech.

Comments

• ddlong1286@yahoo.com
    ddlong1286@yahoo.com Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Trane Scrolls

Hi all,

Anyone heard of an unloader in the Trane scrolls? I was working on some Intellipaks, doing PM's and didn't like the pressures and temps I was getting. Called the boss, explains that trane scrolls have unloaders and that's why low suction and discharge pressures.

I know that I'm tired and such, but low suction is not a symptom of a compressor being unloaded is it? I think I would have the oppisite, high suction and low discharge, not low, low.

But I digress, auto unloaders on any scroll is a new one on me!!

Thanks
    Don in MO
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Options
    Hey Don?

It's not an unloader per say it's more of a capacity control 50% then to 100% it's done thru a plate that engages the scroll or bypasses the discharge. There is no adjustment nor control. It's like a Y1/Y2 thing. I know York has it, but let me look for my info and I'll post it.
  • ddlong1286@yahoo.com
    Options
    Mike, find

anything?

I know about the Copeland capacity control. I have a Carrier heat pump. When needed the solenoid is acitivated to engage the total scroll plate. If I remember, 1/3, 2/3 capacity control. With Carrier, the interface controls the solenoid.

What I am talking about is auto-matic, or am lead to believe.

Thanks
    Don in Mo
  • ddlong1286@yahoo.com
    Options
    Here Tis

They are Trane SFHFC554P710A59D, 4 Units. Comp # are, CSHA140k0E00.

4 compressors, 2 manifolded together.

Don in Mo
This discussion has been closed.