Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Prestige Excellence

Options
Steve M_2
Steve M_2 Member Posts: 121
I was wondering if anyone has installed one yet? I put out a bid to replace a 22 yr old Heatmaker and it seems just the ticket. Comments?

Steve

Comments

• Josh M.
    Josh M. Member Posts: 360
    Options

Love em. Best value in the mod/con market.. Period

I think 5 or more wallies would agree too.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    Sold too many to count

No problems, a tremendous value, stainless self cleaning heat exchanger. Very solid product.
  • WV EGBERT_2
    WV EGBERT_2 Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Excellence

Is the new combo heat and tank in tank all in one cabinet.

Basically eliminating the mini tank that they have for the Prestige SOLO.

Both the Excellence or mini tank will be able to give you 3 gpm (180 gph)of DHW. Nice for a small cabin or home.

I have not installed the excellence or the mini tank as I find the 3 gpm DHW a little bit lacking for most homes. But I have installed the TT Prestige boilers and they are one of the betters units out there.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Nron_18
    Nron_18 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Solo exelence

Have recenty tested one of these boilers as I have had great success with the solo110 and others found the indirect to be ok for a single load at 2 gpm at 109F for a shower but was a little shy and took to long to recover with the colder ground water temps here is calgary AB canada I will stay with a eperate indirect and boiler system to provide my clients what they want for hot water as the cost for materials is not greatly increased this way
  • Bob Sweet
    Bob Sweet Member Posts: 540
    Options
    GPM's are crucial

make sure of the domestic load, the smaller indirects are a nice substitute for larger storage indirects but there are limits to there production.

Recirc pumps can tax the capacity of the smaller indirects (most notably in the heating season when the boiler is cycling between priority domestic water heating and space heating). Definately utilize a timer on the HW recirc.

With the quality of indirects stand by losses, if there is a doubt about capacity consider a larger stortage tank.

GPM is the deciding factor.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.