Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Sharing the Joy

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
Congratulations!
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    25 years ago today

I was a skinny young man dressed in a white tuxedo standing at the altar of a small chapel in Toms River NJ. I don't remember what The Lovely Annmarie and I promised to each other there, but for 25 years we've been taking care of each other as best we can. To celebrate tonight, we're going to Baltimore and take care of some Crab Cakes, biggest loser be damned. :) WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Rich L.
    Rich L. Member Posts: 414
    Options
    Congrats!

Congratulations Wayne and Annmarie. In this age of "disposable marriages" 25 years is something to be proud of as well as celebrated! Enjoy your much deserved crab cakes!

Wishing you all the best for the next 25 :)

Rich L
  • John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    Options
    Congrats!

Way to go, Wayne! Congratulations on reaching this milestone. Here's to at least 50 more!!!!!!

Starch
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Best Wishes to you Wayne

I agree ... 25 years sure is something now a days !!

You both have it figured out. Come on dude, go for more than the crab cakes :)

I will celebrate Friday. 11 years ( we've been together for abut 25 )..

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    It's been

just over four wonderful years for The Lovely Naoko and me. Gordon and The Lovely Pam have been married 21 years I believe. Congratulations from all of us.

"Steamhead"

• J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Congrats Wayne !

Not too many make it half that far.... Have some fish too. Chris
  • Bill W@Honeywell
    Bill W@Honeywell Member Posts: 164
    Options
    Congrats, Wayne!

25! 1/4 century! Congratulations, and many more.
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Options
    Thanks guys

I'm home from work and showered and shaved and ready to go out. I only have one question. Scott, what do you mean more than crab cakes? I mean what's better than crab cakes? Ohhhhh, you must mean dessert. :O

• Rich L.
    Rich L. Member Posts: 414
    Options
    Hey Wayne

Hope you enjoyed the crab cakes, and dessert even more ;)
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Options
    Thanks Rich

It was a good night. We went to a new restaurant (to us) called Timbuktu. I don't know if your familiar with Baltimore or not, but if you find yourself there I would recommend it. The drinks were potent and the lighting low, and we were young again just for the night. The crabcakes were bigger than a baseball. I ate one and put the other in my work truck for lunch today. Life is good. ;) WW

• Paul Rohrs_4
    Paul Rohrs_4 Member Posts: 466
    Options
    Best Wishes

Biggest Loser be damned for sure. Glad the crab-cakes were good.

Best wishes for 25 more.

Regards,

PR
  • Chap
    Chap Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Congrats!

You can't ever be a loser under such circumstances(G). As I've waged my weight-war, I've relaxed my can't-touch-dis attitude about those special food occasions. Sin today, exercise tomorrow! Funny thing is, you kinda know in advance how much one night's binging will set you back and spread the return to that point's weight-in-time over the next week, or weeks.

Congrats to you both!
  • ScottMP
    Options
    Lobster Wayne

Lobster is better than a crab Cake .... well... of course desert is the best ... even after twenty five years ... Theres nothing like a little sweetness.

:)

Scott

• jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Congratulations

to you and AnnMarie, Wayne.

Here's to many more.

:-)

Jack
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    Congrats!!!

Here's to 25 more years..... at least!!!

Ahhh, I have to drive down to Baltimore and gorge on seafood again at that big restaurant mall by the dock there......
  • The Wire Nut
    The Wire Nut Member Posts: 420
    Options
    Way to go Wayco...

I wish we had a chance to toast your happiness at Wetstock... Next time!

The ever patient Layla and I are about to hit 5 years (on our 1st wedding, not quite 4 on the second, but that's a long story), and it seems to have slid by too quickly.

Best to you and TLA!

Alex
    "Let me control you"

Lost in SOHO NYC and Balmy Whites Valley PA
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Options
    Thank you Gentlemen

I must point out to the delegate from Mass. that here in MD, we stuff our lobsta with crab meat to make it taste better. For that reason alone, crabcakes trump lobsta. :) BTW, Happy Anniversary to you today Mr Milne. WW

• ScottMP
    Options
    Thank You Wayne

And may I say to my esteemed colleague from Maryland, what a wonderful way to destroy a great tasting lobster by diluting with a lesser crustacean.

“There are Snails on my plate ...”

Scott

• Mark A. Utz
    Mark A. Utz Member Posts: 11
    Options

Thats great Wayne. 25 years is a long time and rare. Enjoy your anniversary. Tell Ann I said hi.
  • Mark A. Utz
    Mark A. Utz Member Posts: 11
    Options
    How where the Crab Cakes

Wayne: I hope you and Ann had a nice anniversary dinner. Where did you go and how were the crab cakes?

Mark
This discussion has been closed.