Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Bock vs Crown

Options
Leo_10
Leo_10 Member Posts: 22
Hi Joel,

From personal experience the MegaStor is a good indirect. I am not familier with the Bock but I am with their oil fired water heaters which are very good quality. Basically you are comparing a Ford and a Chevy. Both get you to the same place in a reasonable manner. I would go with the contractor you feel most comfortable with. These guys could have made their choice by personal preference or by what their supply house carries. On occasion a product will have a bad run and everyone hits these boards complaining. I haven't seen complaints about either of these brands.

Good Luck,
Leo

Comments

• Joel M
    Joel M Member Posts: 64
    Options
    Bock vs Crown

I am looking to replace the coil in my Wiel McClein boiler with an indirect. My oil company suggests the Crown Mega stor. For comparison I called another respected oil heat company and they suggest the Bock indirect. I noticed the Crown has a lifetime warranty while the Bock is only 7 years. I would guess the Crown is a better product but don't know. Any advice?
    Thanks,
    Joel
  • Bob Forand
    Bob Forand Member Posts: 305
    Options
    SS

The Crown Megastor is a SS tank while the Bock is a glass lined tank. Both tanks are good, I would ask to see the information that shows you the degree per hour standby loss. Provided you have good water quality, that is how I would make my decision. The lower the degree per hour loss, the better the tank insulation.
This discussion has been closed.