Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Beckett Z Gauge

Options
Lurker_2
Lurker_2 Member Posts: 123
Is it worth buying?

Comments

• Lurker_2
    Lurker_2 Member Posts: 123
    Options

I have seen the Beckett Z Gauge years ago at some show i cant recall at the moment. And I was wondering if using it really saves time.

thank you in advance,
    chris
  • Charlie Masone
    Charlie Masone Member Posts: 66
    Options

The Z2000 gauge main purpose is to reset the Z dimension on burners equipped with F heads without removing the burner from the appliance, that saves time.

It is also used for setting the electrodes.
  • Charlie Masone
    Charlie Masone Member Posts: 66
    Options

Come to a Beckett seminar and you will walk out with a free one. www.beckettcorp.com/nep
  • Paul Fredricks_6
    Paul Fredricks_6 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    Yeah

It makes life easy. Just don't do what I did once. Forgot to take it off before I fired the unit, or tried to fire the unit. Took me a minute to realize what I had done. The electrodes melted the end of the gauge.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    A

hot end cone can lead to some problems as well! It's probably the biggest timesaver for the least $$ if you service oil burners

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • burnerman_2
    burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
    Options
    use it all the time

beckett,carlin,and wayne all have gauges to set the points they save guess work each guy lines up it with the other and depending on who set it up can be off but the z gauge is simple and as said sets the drawer asslemly head position if you are lucky and the only guy to work on it set it once and you are done but'''if johny homeowner was fixing it watchout my 2 cents royboy
This discussion has been closed.