Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler reset control for a weil-mclean WGO cold start boiler

Options
J.C.A._3
J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
Is the 6 zone relay an EXP version of the SR series?

If it is, you're halfway there. The EXP relays have the ability to "plug and play" with quite an array of Taco add-on controls, like the PC700 series.

I would recommend looking at the W/M drawings...and installing a system by-pass to combat the return water issues, but without a doubt...look into the ODR controls.

With fuel over 4$ a gallon, it will pay for itself in short order.Have your oil company or service company look to make sure you have the best burner controls available also. You should have a psc motor and a pre/post purge control for the burner, to make this work to its best ability.

Go for it! Chris

Comments

• Tom_107
    Tom_107 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Boiler reset control for a weil-mclean WGO cold start boiler

I have a Weil-MClean WGO 4 section oil fired cold start boiler.I have 4 heating zones and one zone for a boiler mate HW heater. The control is a Taco 6 zone with glass modules. I am interested in installing a reset control. I was told by Weil-Mclean that I run the risk of shocking the boiler with the difference between the supply temp and the return temp. Any info on this subject would be appreciated. Also what percent would I save with this control?
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options
    SR501-EXP, with the PC700-2

The SR501 is a single zone relay designed to interface with any Taco add-on controls, including the Taco PC700 reset control. This reset control will allow you to reset the boiler to the minimum operating temperature for a non condensing type boiler of approximately 140 degree. Additionally, you can interface the existing ZVC control panel to continue enjoying priority for the indirect water heater, and to facilitate the wiring. For your reference I attached a couple of documents to give you a better understanding of how these great Taco products can help you save money when the temperature begins to drop, and the oil prices go up.
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Thanks Joe.

I forgot about the SR501EXP.

This is an absolutely wonderful way to add to the existing relay, and quite the money saver...in the long run.

I'm taking a day off....apparently, my mind is too. Chris
This discussion has been closed.