Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

opinions on new vans

Options
Mitch_6
Mitch_6 Member Posts: 549
diesel motor our gas mileage almost doubled from the Chevy 2500 van it replaced.

On warranty break down of a shifter and one recall on a sensor it has worked out well

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=388&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• laurence salvatore_2
    laurence salvatore_2 Member Posts: 86
    Options
    opinions on new servivcevan

My oldest van, a 98 V-6 Econoline, has given great service for 240K miles. I am thinking of replacing it with a Dodge Sprinter. I am impressed with all the pros. Does anyone have expirence with them in day to day use? I figure if it is made by Germans it must be good.
  • Jim Bennett
    Jim Bennett Member Posts: 607
    Options
    I'm waiting....

for one of these.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/transitconnect/

With the price of gas, I have already reduced the amount of stuff I carry around. If I don't use something on a weekly or monthly basis, it stays in the shop.

Just requires a little more foresight. (Not my strong point, but I'm trying)

I think I can make this smaller vehicle work.

Jim

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Bruce M_2
    Bruce M_2 Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Freightliner Sprinter

At times Dodge has had to turn buyers away because there were not enough Sprinters to go around. As you know, it is a Mercedes vehicle that has been rebadged. You also know that Mercedes sold the Chrysler Corporation. Mercedes owns Freightliner and their own company would get priority on vehicles and parts. If you have a nearby Freightliner dealer, I would look to get your Sprinter from them. Freightliner is the company that assembles the Spriner in this country.
  • EMB
    EMB Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Diesel vans

Hopefully these skyrocketing fuel prices will encourage some more manufacturers to sell their smaller commercial vehicles here. VW have the Transporter, Toyota the Hi-ace, etc. Even Ford have the whole Transit range available with economical diesel engines. Give the Sprinter some competition!!
    One wonders how it would affect the $450000 Sprinter tag if VW (which incidentally uses the same platform as the Sprinter), Ford, Nissan, and the other full size manufacturers started to sell over here.
    My rant for today! Small diesels, and small Mod-Cons!!!
    Enda
  • Glen
    Glen Member Posts: 855
    Options
    like you -

I did a lot of homework and bought a Sprinter. Unfortunately - I purchased a lemon; turbo, EGR (twice), torque converter, engine control module all done before it hit 60 000 km. Moreover - dealer support here was dismal - absolutely poor in fact. I spent as much time driving my own personal truck as I did the Sprinter. Sold the sprinter, the 93 dodge cummins is still going strong. It is like all items; caveat emptor. Pleasant to drive, great economy, truly a fantastic van for our needs but it really depends on the dealer. Philosophically - I guess someone had to get the lemon. Heavy Sigh!
This discussion has been closed.