Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boilers with Indirect Water Heaters

Options
Greg_41
Greg_41 Member Posts: 16
Just installed a Buderus GB 142 with an ST 120 hot water tank, its fantastic. The boiler comes with all the computer controls and outdoor temp sensor, and will work with whatever multizone relay you like (I like Taco) and the enginereeing on the boiler and supplied manifold with bipass loop and temp controlled ifc circulator is really good and highly efficient.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=555&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• RobLC
    RobLC Member Posts: 93
    Options
    Boilers with Indirect Water Heaters

We are going to change our oil fired boiler to a natural gas one. Can someone be so kind and give us an opinion on which model might be better regarding quality, value, dependability, and warranty. We are considering the following units:

Buderus GB142.

Burnham – Freedom FMC 120.

Crown – Bimini BWC 120.

Peerless Pinacle – PI 140.

Munchkin T140.

Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 110.
    Prestige Solo 175.

PE Prestige 110 – Combo.
    PS Prestige 110 – Boiler Only.

Any input we get would be very much welcome and appreciated.

Robert
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    All fairly large boilers....

Have you run, or had a heat loss calculation done to verify that you'll need all that boiler? Oversizing can hurt with a Mod/Con just as well as with a cast iron boiler....not as much, but why waste the energy with prices where they are?

Once you get the numbers verified...I'll go with Robert's suggestions as my top picks too.JMHO. Chris
  • AlHeating
    AlHeating Member Posts: 17
    Options

Just so I know ...
    Where is the Lochinvar Knight ??
    We see a lot of them around here !
  • Chris S
    Chris S Member Posts: 177
    Options
    mod con

The Burnham Freedom & the Crown Bimini are the same boiler in a differnt colored jacket. The point above about sizing is important, I know that on these 2 though the cost differenc from a 90 to a 120 is very small. the problem lies in the turn down ratio. 20% of 120 is still a lot more btus than 20% of 90, especially if you have small zones, and so sizing is important.
    We used to add 40,000 btu for DHW, not so with these units.
    In the end get the unit you can get good support for.
    C

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,765
    Options
    Re: Boiler & indirect

I think you will find that the Triangle tube Prestige 110 is the best value for a boiler. It has basically been bullet proof for us as long as installed right as with most. For the $$ it does everything we have wanted and is fairly user friendly. We like to pair it with Heat transfer superstore indirects, just our preference. Good luck, Tim
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    We've had Great Luck

with the Buderus GB 142.

Chris is right ... start with a heat loss.

Also, The Installer is just as important as the equipement. I've seen some top if the line equipment BOTCHED.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • RobLC
    Options
    So very thankful for your replies...

Thank you to all you generous guys who took the time to help us with our questions. This was really great of you all.

We have had a heat loss calculation by 3 different contractors and the numbers came back 92,000, 98,000, & 110,000.

We respect your opinions and appreciate you sharing your experience and knowledge.

Robert
  • RobLC
    Options
    Wow, thank you for the boiler info guys...

Thank you to all you generous guys who took the time to help us with our questions. This was really great of you all.

We have had a heat loss calculation by 3 different contractors and the numbers came back 92,000, 98,000, & 110,000.

We respect your opinions and appreciate you sharing your experience and knowledge.

Robert
This discussion has been closed.