Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tried My First Lockinvar Knight

Options
Josh M.
Josh M. Member Posts: 360
We needed a small boiler for a smaller house. Our typical go to boiler is the Triangle Tube Prestige but the 60K BTU unit wasn't available.

We ended up installing a Knight 50K BTU wall hung. I am very impressed!! I like the supply and return connection locations, they make it easy to configure the primary/secondary in either direction.

I absolutely LOVE the controls though. How innovative to put a temp sensor on the primary loop as well rather than just the boiler loop.

I think the function I like the most is the programmable modulation steps. You can hold modulation for specified periods of time. I set low-fire-hold for about 20 minutes because we have a high mass 4" slab. I then programmed the other steps for a 10 minute delay.

Also noted is there is no interface device required to accept a modulating signal.You simply connect the wires and program it in.

Gotta say too that it gives allot of historic data in the primary display too.

The only criticism I would give is the high pressure drop across the heat exchanger. I don't like using high head pumps in my systems.

Local representation is next to none too. My installer broke the ribbon cable between the control and boiler. He called the rep and they sent one UPS red for free and the actually shipped it that day.
This discussion has been closed.