Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

CALEFFI

Options
eluv8
eluv8 Member Posts: 174
What was the problem with standard sealants and thread tape. Factory recommendation, jobsite leaks. Are the factory end fittings gasketed or do they require pipe dope also. If more people chime in with favorable opinions I will have to get my hands on one and take a look.

Comments

• eluv8
    eluv8 Member Posts: 174
    Options
    caleffi manifolds

What do you guys think that have used the caleffi manifolds and controls.
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Options
    Caleffi

Top quality. The people are great. Very responsive to questions and suggestions. It's tough to beat Caleffi's parts. Too bad we don't have the selection they have in Europe...yet.

I like Caleffi's compression assemblies. I wasn't sure about the plastic insert at first, but after I used them I liked them a lot better than the brass ones I had used previously. It's easier to seal the compression assembly with the plastic insert. Sealing the manifold to NPT adapters requires a different kind of sealant, Loctite 545. It's best not to heat this sealant, so pre-sweat the male adapters before threading them into the manifold.

My only complaint about the basic actuators is that there is no visual indication that the valve is open or closed.
  • Mark Olson
    Mark Olson Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Manifold Actuators

Hi Andrew, always good to see any kind of critique.

Concerning the manifold actuators, we do now have an actuator design that solves the issue of knowing if the circuit is open (neon green top pops up when actuator energized). The actuator also has a manual "Twist Open" feature that makes it easy for the installer to fill his pex lines - especially convenient when the electrician hasn't run the wiring in yet. Also provides a means to keep a zone heated if electical problem with transformer or tstat. Oh, and if installer forgets to twist close the actuator, it will do so automatically first time it sees power.

http://www.caleffi.us/en_US/caleffi/Details/News/files/TwisTop_SS-101.pdf

Mark
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,231
    Options
    We use them all the time.

'Cause it makes us look like we know what we're doing.

(in spite of the evidence shown here)

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
This discussion has been closed.