Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rehau

Options
Don Regan
Don Regan Member Posts: 43
Rep in NH? How offten do you see the Rep or the wholesalers outside sales person in your area?

Comments

• Bick Bickerson
    Bick Bickerson Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Does anybody use it?

How does it stack up with the other manufacturers?

Thanks
  • Josh M.
    Josh M. Member Posts: 360
    Options

Use it, love it, won't use anything else.. The manifolds are very versatile, they don't leak, and they have lots of diagnostics.

The PEX is as good as anything else there is. I like it better than Wirsbo for handling. Plus its red which my customers love.

The representation at least in my area is second to none. They always have time for me, and they have always gone out of their way to provide us promotional support.
  • Bob Forand
    Bob Forand Member Posts: 305
    Options
    Yes and no

Use it for anything but pulling through floor joists. The coating/covering seems to be tacky. Difficult to pull for staple up. Tools are VERY difficult to use, especially for baseboard. BUT the everloc fitting is second to none.

Josh, good for you on the representation. It means everything. We just don't have it that good around NH.
  • Unknown
    Options

you don't get ticking sounds on wood with raupex?

I won't use it again until they change that outer layer.
  • Mark Hunt_6
    Mark Hunt_6 Member Posts: 147
    Options
    Rehau

When was the last time you installed one linear foot of any tubing rob? Are you saying that only Rehau tubing expands when heated?
  • Josh M.
    Options

Rob, I can't say as I do get the expansion noise. However, I almost always design constant circ systems and ramp my water temps up as slowly as possible. I can see how that could happen though.
  • Mike.C_2
    Mike.C_2 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Fittings?

I use them. I like a peace of mind they offer if you have to make a splice behind a wall.

Tubing is good also. Kink it..heat it..all better
  • Unknown
    Options

well "Carlos", I wasn't aware that I had to physically put the pipe in myself to observe its operation in the field. Is that a new requirement? I deal with a couple hundred radiant installs a year and get the feedback. I go into the field and watch them work. Hopefully that works for you.

Even with indoor feedback (one step from constant circ) I have noted that the rehau outer layer "ticks" when it rubs stuff. similar issue to the old mr. pex. most tubing out today has an outer layer without this issue, and so with our low temp, modulated indoor feedback water temperature systems, what expansion there is doesn't result in noise.

Exception was with rehau. which is very unfortunate, because the rest of the product line is very high quality. I would like to see this problem rectified.
  • Lil-Roc
    Lil-Roc Member Posts: 50
    Options

You never see a Rep or anyone else in Illinois and they have a training center here.
  • Brian_19
    Brian_19 Member Posts: 115
    Options
    noise

Rob is right, I used some left over Wirsbo and Rehau in my own house for radiant ceiling. Wirsbo is just fine no noise, Rehau starts ticking as soon as pump is on. Reset controls will not stop this. I am almost at the point of tearing down all sheet rock and replacing pipe. I will never use this tubing again.
  • Josh M.
    Options

Brian, I still think you may be heating up too fast.. I use slow opening 4 way valves.

I haven't heard any of my customers complain and it's not for lack of discriminating taste.
  • Bob Forand
    Bob Forand Member Posts: 305
    Options
    Carlos

Carlos...A little critical of Rob ? If you read his threads over the years you would learn one VERY important thing. He is more a student of his profession that anyone I know. I enjoy reading his threads, knowing how much he puts into his work. I would trust his word.

And yes, I have heard that horrible ticking sound behind walls and in floor joists after the install is complete. I used to use it for baseboard installs but now use Uponor for that Josh is correct in the fact that the higher temps, as well as heating quickly is what creates the issue.
  • JackR
    JackR Member Posts: 125
    Options
    Used to

I used to use it, I switched to Uponor about a year ago. I think they have a much deeper product line, especially on the plumbing side.
  • Unknown
    Options

well sure, it's possible to avoid the noise (though I suspect you also follow perfection in installation practice which, I'm sorry to say, is not the norm). I've only gotten noise on a few installs.

but if brand A has a much wider tolerance for avoiding noise, and brand B doesn't, I would use brand A, even if I were personally installing it. Unless there were another compelling reason to use brand A, but I'm not seeing it. any PEX-A has all the same benefits.

This discussion has been closed.