Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

primary secondary piping

Options
Dave_132
Dave_132 Member Posts: 64
I am presently installing a boiler system which because of room restrictions, head space it was impossible for me to place the two tees before the building pump. I had to install them in the discharge line downstream of the building pump. They are still closely spaced less than 12 inches.The makeup water and the expansion tank both are on the suction side of the building pump. The building pump is a 3 speed Grundfoss .75hp. I have installed a pressure bypass from the discharge of the building pump to the suction of the building pump. My question is will this work without causing me any system problems? I realize the preferred method is to pump away from the tees as well as the expansion tank and air purger and makeup water line.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options

Not sure about your pressure bypass around the pump, but you put the tees downstream from the pump anyways, and pump away from the x-tank / fill ponpc. As I reacall, you want at lease 8 pipe diameters of length between the pump or a 90 and your tee assembly.

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
This discussion has been closed.