Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

best gas boiler on the market

Options
BA
BA Member Posts: 2
Replacing oil boiler with a gas boiler, for a 3800 SF house. House is all stone with adequate insulation. Would like some feed back on Quality gas boilers. Thanks BA

Comments

• Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options
    Questions

Steam or hot water? One pipe or two pipe (both steam and hot water can be either).

What type of emitters? e.g. iron radiators, baseboard (aluminum or cast iron), radiant floors, etc.? Are the emitters all orginal or at least all of the same general form?

Which came first--insulation or emitters? Is the insulation on the inside or outside of the walls? (I know that sounds like an odd question, but in Europe it's quite common to put insulation on the outside of solid masonary buildings.)

Is the system current zoned? If not, do you have any need to zone the system?
  • BA
    BA Member Posts: 2
    Options

Mike, It is hot water basedboard aluminum fin. Insulation is on the inside of house. One loop system, but, I just zoned if off with two heating zones and one for primary domestic hot water. I also added a indirect hotwater tank due to lack of hot water. I would like to add a tekmar control for the new gas boiler to save when the temp not too cold outside. Sorry for not being specific enough. BA
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    Options
    Boilers

The Triangle Tube Prestige is the best overall value in a stainless steel condensing boiler in my opinion. No additional Tekmar controls are necessary.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    I second the Triangle tube, great product

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    oops, double post

• Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options

Given what little I know, and provided it is installed properly my suggestion is a Vitodens 100 with Tekmar TN4. I believe this combination will give you a nearly unbeatable combination of quality, comfort, longevity and value for the dollar.

You could certainly achieve higher efficiency, but given what I understand of the nature of your home and system such would require significant and expensive changes with little chance of "payback".
  • Josh M.
    Josh M. Member Posts: 360
    Options

I third the motion...
This discussion has been closed.