Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Historical Weather Database

Options
rick in Alaska
rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
What is really frustrating is trying to get information for Alaska. On the weather underground site if you try and get info on Alaska, you have to click on the region you want, and then click on Alaska which is under the "United States" heading. I guess we are not part of the states. Typical....
Rick in Alaska (part of the USA)

Comments

• Josh M.
    Josh M. Member Posts: 360
    Options

We are looking to plot a graph that shows the performance of a reverse cycle chiller during all months of the year. For this I need to plot the average temperatures.

Does anyone know of a website that shows this info? I would be much obliged!!
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options

Check Weather Underground It takes a little digging but you can find lots of historic weather data.
  • amhplumb_2
    amhplumb_2 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Excellent Site

Excellent Site Mike T. I used it this winter to monitor my boiler useage. I made an Excel Spread Sheet and charted the hourly average temp for my area from there. Long story short, each degree day (average temp for day -65F) cost me 35-cents. Another topic!
  • Josh M.
    Josh M. Member Posts: 360
    Options

Nice!! That's exactly what I was looking for!!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,540
    Options
    And then there's

this.
    Retired and loving it.
  • amhwrite_3
    amhwrite_3 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thanks Dan! My little spread sheet was something that I built as I went! This information will help me re-fine it! Another great benefit of the wall in our quest to be more professional/scientific in our craft!
  • Fred Harwood_2
    Fred Harwood_2 Member Posts: 195
    Options
    Surface temperatures

Over decades the number and quality of US surface temperature stations has decreased greatly. NOAA's efforts to maintain some reasonable temperature record for a variety of consumers (including energy commodity speculators) makes for interesting reading, but not reliable temperature data. Those interested in the nuances can read about the many problems with recording US temperature records here:
    http://wattsupwiththat.wordpress.com/category/weather_stations/
This discussion has been closed.